Super Contributor

Re: ""I want you to . . . ""

On 7/31/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

They probably all took a workshop recently in salesmanship, and learned this technique. I would imagine Q is big on continuing staff education, when it comes to their sales people.

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Great-Salesman {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Ennui, this'll be your signature piece. Oh yeah!
Esteemed Contributor

Don't look into their eyes when they say ""I want you to...""

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 ury said:

Don't look into their eyes when they say ""I want you to...""

Super Contributor

Not demanding at all to me...They are saying just give it a try, not buy it.

Trusted Contributor

I can't stand, "You have to have these...." or "Buy all 3." Some of us can't have everything or buy all of the colors or styles.

The classic is always, "It's almost free."

Frequent Contributor

On 7/31/2014 MJ FAN 4 EVER said:

I can't stand, "You have to have these...." or "Buy all 3." Some of us can't have everything or buy all of the colors or styles.

The classic is always, "It's almost free."

haha! The one that bugs me is "There's an argument for getting every color!" Oh yes, there is indeed an argument over that.

Honored Contributor

Truthfully, I'm not watching enough QVC these days to have noticed it, but it wouldn't 'entice' me. There was a time when I was 'entice-able', but that ship sailed quite a while ago and most of the hosts (spouting about the same mostly tedious merchandise) can barely keep my attention these days... Agree, I would guess the Q invests in sales mantra training for the hosts. Probably 'when it's gone, it's gone' was the result of that, and we all know how much we loved that little phase...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If anything, that phrase sends me in the opposite direction, the same with "must have" lists or statements. However, I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Honored Contributor

I don't pay attention to most of what they are saying.......What's that you say? Why don't I pay attention?

Well, because I'm busy dialing QVC to ask them what the measurements are on the item they are trying to sell me.

They want me to buy it but they aren't courteous enough to put the garment measurements up on the screen.