Super Contributor

I want to share my Pandora story!

I was scrolling on FB and saw Pandora Jewelry was honoring teachers.  My daughter-in-law is in hospice with Stage 4 cancer.  Ellie, My granddaughter is 7---doing virtual school as to not bring any germs into the house.  I zipped off a paragraph, not having any thoughts on winning---but YES, Pandora chose Mrs. Gordon!  My son and daughter in law adopted Ellie, who is actually their grandchild, about a month before her cancer returned with a vengeance.  Mrs. Gordon goes out of her way----picks up Ellie to go out for ice cream---even took her after school to decorate to the class tree so she will feel part of Christmas in class---all kinds of thoughtful helpful outings.  Now, Mrs. Gordon is struggling with getting her words together to share with the class about Ellie's mother, when the time comes.  Her mother only has weeks left----if any of you are prayerful--please add Jay, Kim and Ellie to your prayers.  Thank you all.

Respected Contributor

Re: I want to share my Pandora story!

[ Edited ]

@pietook  How kind of you to think of Mrs. Gordon during this awful time. 

Of course, I will send many, many prayers up for Jay, Kim and Ellie. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@pietook   I'm so sorry to read about your DIL.  I will absolutely keep her and her family in my prayers.  It sounds like Mrs. Gordon is wonderful for your granddaughter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Praying Dog.jpg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear of this situation.  Prayers sent to all.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats to Mrs. Gordon on a very well deserved honor. What a remarkable teacher. She must love your granddaughter and all of her students very much. There are soooo many teachers that are doing so many loving and thoughtful acts of kindness above and beyond the wonderful teaching that they normally do. I am happy for her and for you that your nomination won. My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time and with Mrs. Gordon's class, as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pietook  I am at a loss for words, God Bless.

Honored Contributor

What a wonderful thing you did...I feel so bad for the family and especially the 7 year old what an awful thing for her to have to go thru at her young age....you will all be in my prayers.

Super Contributor

UPDATE:  Yesterday we received the gift for "Timeless Teacher".  I received a beautiful Pandora tree ornament, a matching bracelet, earrings and necklace set.  Mrs. Gordon, the teacher, received the same PLUS a very nice bracelet with 4 charms on it and 5 stack rings!

Both of us were amazed!  Also, update on daughter in law.  She is actually is having better days----I guess since toxins are out of body----still with hospice, weak and in pain.  So hopeful she will make it thru Christmas for Ellie, 7 years old.  

All prayers appreciated!