Honored Contributor

Prasiolite is another light green stone.  The color is beautiful light green with the slightest 'hint' of a light blue hue in it.

I have a lot of beautiful jewelry that is prasiolite.  I don't know about the cost of it because I bought it mayb 5 or 6 years ago and all of it from HSN or jewelry stores.

You might want to think about one of those.

My daughter was such a jewelry conniseur that she was put in charge by her company to buy (on behalf of the company) some kind of jewelry at Christmas for them to give away.

She had the Tiffany rep come to her office and she knew Tiffany's line up so well, the Tiffany rep asked her if she'd like a job there.

She still is very much into jewelry but doesn't wear a lot (other than her wedding ring set along on the same finger the ring my late husband gave me one Christmas).  It's special to this daughter because she was with my husband when he picked it out for me.  It has 3 rows of diamonds with 7 diamonds along each row.

I don't like real diamonds, I think they're over-rated and there are more diamonds than just about any stone, not rare at all.

I have some amazing jewelry that he gave me over the 38 years married before he died.  After he died, I bought myself some but it wasn't the same.

I gave some to my daughters.  They got to pick whatever they wanted.

@SuhseK  I love it when all of you describe and talk about precious jewelry.  I used to sit and watch on TV when they'd show miners with their chisel in Colorado mining for stones.

Esteemed Contributor

There's no magic like walking into Tiffany and just gazing at all the treasures, including the Tiffany yellow diamond, complete with big, beefy security guards standing next to it.

When we go to New York on business, DH buys me a new piece.  I have several Elsa Peretti rings and two necklaces.

On our last trip, I did something I always wanted to do because I'm a writer:  buy a high polish sterling silver pen.  Nothing compares to the weighty fabulousness of using that pen. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK   I'll contribute but only if we can take turns wearing this little bauble!!!

Really though, this one is a great design, that stone is huge too, a gorgeous cut. Who doesn't love lady bugs too?

$1500 = you're mostly paying for the blue box that comes from and sports the Tiffany name.

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK  Quartz is the bottom of the pile of semiprecious stones.  It's that name.  In silver yet with smidgen of gold. You wouldn't find a Tiffany sapphire set in that for $1,500.00.  Probably more like $15,000.00

Honored Contributor

That's a pretty ring. But you'll always pay more for the name Tiffany's. The price is high for what your getting there.

Honored Contributor

It whimsical and fun.  I assume it's in silver.  There's no way I would pay 1500 for it.  I have colored quartz rings in large ct weights and silver that I bought from various shopping channels.    The Tiffany name does not impress me.

Honored Contributor

I actually considered that ring this past spring when I was searching for a milestone birthday gift.  In the end I thought it was too pricey for what it was; but then again, anything Tiffany runs higher than a less prestigious brand.

Honored Contributor

In gold I would go for it, silver, never.  Unless you are one of those people that tells everyone "Look at my new ring from Tiffany's," that is.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I want this!

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

Tiffany &Company

14 ct Green Quartz, Sterling Silver & Rose Gold(not much)

Of course, at $1500, it's a reminder why, I really don't shop therešŸ„“

I've never thought of green quartz, as being particularly expensive, although, I realize that large of a carat weight, would be rare. 

Is a good part of the price the Tiffany name, or is $1500 reasonable?

Who would like to contribute to the collection I'm taking up? 

C733782B-87DD-4FC3-8E8F-ECD6E01B64E3.jpeg

Prasiolite is a very inexpensive stone. Green quartets is actually prasiolite. You are paying for the Tiffany name and for the design. If the name Tiffany wasn't on it and it was from an unknown brand you'd pay $200 or less for it. I have quite a few silver and prasiolite rings I bought at Ross and at T.J. Max. 

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK 

I was in Fine Jewelry for almost 5 years selling the top brands of Levian that many stars wear as will as Effy.

The cost here is driven by the small amount of gold and the size of the stone.

Semi precious stones are delicate.  They must be removed and protected from soap and lotion.  If they do get milky, it cannot be reversed.  The stone is permanently damaged.