Honored Contributor

Re: I sold a bunch of gold Jewelry

yeah, they buy silver now.   They supposedly even pay you for the silver that might be in your gold jewelry.

Read all their information on their page. click on 'about us', and all the other options be informed.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE Thanks. Will check it out.
Honored Contributor

They're suppose to buy silver, but, I just found out they're not accepting it

So, I found another place for SILVER.

Super Contributor

@carlycat How do you know how much to insure the package of gold for when sending to US Gold buyers? thank you

Trusted Contributor

I was  just wondering due to something I heard on a radio program I listen to that it is to you advantage to have gold given our economic future is in question.  Any thoughts? 

Honored Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

@carlycat How do you know how much to insure the package of gold for when sending to US Gold buyers? thank you

You don't worry about that, they send you the label and they assume all liability. They will ask you ahead of  time on a form what you think the worth is. It gets there in 2 days, give them two days to check  out stuff. They're , I'm sure getting swamped with gold at record levels.

They email you a label, you print it out,  slap on box, take to Fedex office. they call you in few days with what they will pay you, if you like the deal, you say Ok  ,I accept. If not, they mail back at their cost your out nothing.

I've used them now twice for me this yr and twice for my sister who doesn't have a computer. 

No strangers coming to your house, no pawnshop rip offs. For a woman,  speaking for myself it's done and done.

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

I was  just wondering due to something I heard on a radio program I listen to that it is to you advantage to have gold given our economic future is in question.  Any thoughts? 

I just have gold in shape of jewelry. I think it's ok  to have some other form of gold, good to diversify . I wouldn't put my whole portfolio in it.

People that think that's a good idea are those who are selling coins, etc.

Gold is like  everything else, it will peak then go down.  Right now if you got stuff just laying around, scrap chains, stuff you don't wear and nobody to leave it too, most people don't  want to have to pay insurance on high end stuff they would  rather have your money when you die. LOL

I'm making hay while the sun shines sold off half my stuff.

Honored Contributor

I own a lot of 18K gold, some 14K, a few all platinum  and diamonds set in platinum.  I also have gem stones with diamonds set in either 18K white or platinum.  The only silver I own is Ultra Fine. I've hung on to all my gold and platinum.  I really don't want to sell them. Most of my jewelry sits in the bank, as they are too valuable now to leave in a safe keeper and I don't own a heavy safe.   I plan to leave them my son and or his future wife.  

Esteemed Contributor

@carlycat 

Wow, that's a tidy sum Cat LOL

I did the same thing many years back using US Gold Buyers.  It was mostly my mother's items that had gone unworn for many years.  She preferred larger rings and pieces I would never wear.

At first, I felt guilty letting them go, but I have no one to leave them to and I wasn't wearing them.  When all was said and done I was happy to have the money.