Honored Contributor

I should have known it was too good to be true

My DISH online guide shows the current show as Jewelry Under $10.  So I've been waiting all day, of course its supposed to be Jewelry Under $100.  I figured they were taking a cue from LC's $9.99 days.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I should have known it was too good to be true

Sorry for your disappointment, @depglass .  I checked it on the QVC program guide and it's says $100.

But I'll bet the idea of jewelry items under $10. here was exciting. ☺

Honored Contributor

@depglassThe only place I've found jewelry I was pleased to wear for under $10 would be an occasional thrift store find. Still own a few pretty strands of beads I "stole" for $1 as some yard sale was shutting down.

Super Contributor

FYI.............$10 bucks buys very, very little in 2020.

Anything called jewelry that is sold under $10 would be very, very, cheap looking. Unless of course it is found at 2nd hand store, thrift shop, garage sale etc. Or the Dollar Store. 

Sorry for your disappointment. You must be very naive or "wet behind the ears."

Honored Contributor

The only decent jewelry I've purchased for under $10 was at garage sales.  There is a very rich part of town where people often have garage sales.  I've purchased a lot of gold and platinum jewelry, designer bags, Waterford, super designer clothes, and more and never paid $10 for anything.  I've made huge profits selling a lot of the gold and platinum since the items weren't my style.  

Honored Contributor

You would be surprised at some of the jewelryI get from LC for 9.99.  Yes, there is a lot of dreck, but I defy anyone to tell how cheap some of this stuff is.  No, I'm not wet behind the ears, I've been an antique dealer since 1981.  I've bought jewelry from TV since 1996.  At least no one told me I needed counseling, like someone did the last time they disagreed with me.   

Respected Contributor

@depglass, no I wouldn't be surprised.

There will always be people who get in the "pay more here" line, thinking only that the expensive jewelry is worth it because, well..it's expensive. But that's not what jewelry appreciation is all about.

When it comes to self-adornment, we've all known women who can tie a cheap scarf, wear a simple bolo tie, or carry off an inexpensive piece of jewelry with aplomb. It's called creativity.

I'm sure many women here have their share of expensive jewelry; I know I do. But I also have FASHION jewelry pieces, which cost under $10, are great for traveling, which look wonderful, and which always garner compliments.

It's NOT "cheap looking" (much less "very, very, very" lol) And, no, I'm not "naive," or "wet behind the ears," @camelot.

But one DOES have to have an eye for inexpensive (cheap) things which exude quality; not everyone does. That's the real art, whether it's putting together an outfit, or wearing jewelry.

What worries you masters you.