Honored Contributor

I saw the prettiest wedding set today.

An aquaintance at our campground - just got married this spring. Her rings were so pretty. The wedding ring fits like a ring guard around the solitare on both sides & is set with small diamonds all the way across the finger, then in the middle the solitare is an emerald cut set east west so it lies perfectly into the opening between the other ring. The diamonds were not huge but were sparkly and clean and the whole effect was very pretty.

I am so tired of the "halo" rings - I was glad to see something different.

Respected Contributor

Re: I saw the prettiest wedding set today.

[ Edited ]

@151949 sounds like mine.  Emerald cut with baguettes on each side and sits in a ring guard with small round diamonds on the top and bottom 

Looks something like this:

Image result for emerald cut ring with baguettes

Image result for ring guard settings

Honored Contributor

@makena  How do you get that square diamond in the round hole? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The jeweler actually had to open it up a smidge but it clicks right in perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I have an emerald cut necklace and earrings - definitely my favorite cut .

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  I'm sure the setting is custom made to fit. My Mom has a similar set w/ a marquis stone that has baguettes on either side. The engagement ring fits perfectly inside the space of the guard rings because it's designed in a marquis fashion to accept the 2 points of the stone of the ring....or were you just kidding?

Honored Contributor

The set I saw yesterday the solitare was set east/west instead of north/south  to fit perfectly into the opening in the other ring. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  I'm sure the setting is custom made to fit. My Mom has a similar set w/ a marquis stone that has baguettes on either side. The engagement ring fits perfectly inside the space of the guard rings because it's designed in a marquis fashion to accept the 2 points of the stone of the ring....or were you just kidding?

@Shanus  I really couldn't see how that big rectangular stone would fit in that basically round guard.  Still don't. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Giood ole Kathy Levine sold me a beautiful white gold Diamonique "set" with these 2 ring guards that I love and wear with lots of different cut Diamonique rings. Find them over on ebay. In the day Diamonique was great!

RARE QVC Diamonique DQ CZ  Sterling Silver Round Cut Stones Ring Guards  Size 8

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The very pretty set I saw the stones on the rings were not large like any of these pictured. They were small and demure.

A diamond does not have to be large to be quite beautiful. As well , a better quality small stone is more valuable and more beautiful than a lesser quality gigantic stone.