Frequent Contributor

I really miss the marcasite shows

Miss the Alpine silver shows too.

Honored Contributor

Re: I really miss the marcasite shows

I miss marcasite too! Loved it when it was popular and would wear it again.

Esteemed Contributor

recently, I wore one of my old QVC marcasite rings to an event. My outfit was wool winter whites (slacks and a sweater top that has a white and silver shimmer to it). My boots were white cowboy style. The only jewelry I wore was the marcasite ring and an old wide silver bangle that was also purchased from QVC back when they used to do monthly Silver Style programs. The point is the jewelry was sparkling and received several compliments. Relaxed

Honored Contributor

@mdgrammywrote:

I have a few marcasite pieces and love them. They have a vintage look. Did you mean Ultra Fine Silver. I am not familiar with Alpine silver.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Judith Jack marcasite and usually bought one or two pieces from her shows.

Respected Contributor

IMO the whole jewelry line here has gone downhill. I can't remember the last time I bought anything. I used to love the Dawkins, honora, eclissi, shows and more.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9Don't stash it, weawr your marcasite and love it! This jewelry is lovely, I have a number of peices mostly from the Judith Jack collection. But I have other marc too - one piece in fact is very old, a ring my mom had.

Honored Contributor

@mdgrammyAlpine Silve - I remember this line. I had a tennis bracelet of sorts from this line. It was more a bar-like design. I wore it often, not sure I still have it though. I'd have to do some digging around through LOTS of silver that I have. I may have sold it though when I gathered and sold tons of gold and silver jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

I own a few pieces of marcasite and love it! Everytime I wear mine too, some people want to know what it is??!! I do love it and yes they sparkle like crazy. I have a ring with different small gemstones in it and matching earrings. I have one necklace and another ring that is just marcasite, no stones. I was always drawn to it. Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to wear some again, haven't in awhile!

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954wrote:

@mdgrammywrote:

I have a few marcasite pieces and love them. They have a vintage look. Did you mean Ultra Fine Silver. I am not familiar with Alpine silver.

@rms1954Alpine Silver was a collection of silver jewelry QVC featured back in the 1990s. Its lifespan may have crossed over into the 21st Century (I can't recall when the it went away). Ultrafine Silver came later as a line of QVC proprietary jewelry where every piece would have the .999 silver component (or something close to that).