Respected Contributor

Re: I never lose jewery! But lost an earring...

@fthunt 

Suggestion: secure a piece of gauze or pantyhose to the vacuum nozzle and vacuum along baseboards and under furniture.   The secured material will prevent the lost item from being pulled into the vacuum dirt.

I also use this set up when dusting silk flowers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I WEAR mis-matched earrings...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee    It's true, you can often find things using a flashlight that you otherwise can't see.  I'm always losing remote controls and several times have only been able to find them with a flashlight.  Now I've put little beeper devices on each of them.

@Kachina624 @SilleeMee  I used a flashlight with the lights out to find my hard contact eye lenses when one would fall onto the floor....saved me so many times!

Respected Contributor

I first saw the flashlight trick on an episode of CIS It works great and it's one of those "Dazzle your friends" moments when they see you do it and it works!

@jlkz  What a nifty idea with the nylons filter!  Thats a keeper!

Esteemed Contributor

I lost an earring once , it was one of my favorite silver hoops.   I had given up on finding it and one day weeks later my DH walked in the house with it, he found it in the driveway!!

It was still intact so I cleaned it and I still wear them Smiley Happy   

Respected Contributor

i ALWAYS use one of those little rubber plugs with my earrings. snug the rubber up to the back of my ear, then clasp. haven't lost a earring in years.