Honored Contributor

I never lose jewery! But lost an earring...

I am heart broken... I wanted to wear a pair of earrings and am missing one... I am always so careful... wonder if it fell on to the carpet by mistake and I vacumed it up...   I have looked EVERYWHERE..... makes me so so sad.....Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I never lose jewery! But lost an earring...

I only wear studs - stopped during the mask-up time b/c more than once an earring came with mask....

Careful when pulling a T over the head too.  

I suggest you keep looking - clothes hanging in closet...all floor areas.. vacuum cleaner dirt container too.

Honored Contributor

Oh, how I know that feeling.  My bedroom furniture is too heavy for me to move.  However, in the future....should someone move the funiture, I'm sure  they'll uncover my missing earrings.  In the meantime, the matching ones are held in an envelope by my jewelry case!!!!!  It's soooo frustrating!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Most of my earrings are leverbacks or hoops.  When I put them away, I attach them to each other so they'll stay together, be easy to find and lessen the chance of misplacing one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I will keep looking....I know it is here!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I know how you feel. Please keep looking. You just never know if it will show up.

I have a glass container of about 50 earrings. I had lost the other earring. I don't have the heart to throw them out.

Wearing masks made me lose at least a dozen earrings. 

I try to listen when I vacuum to try and listen to hear if I hear the metal of the earring. I have even dug through the dirt from the vaccum and never found the earring or the back. 

It makes me so sad. I have bought some handmade beautiful earrings. One day I am going to round up all the gold earrings someday and have them melted down. But I don't have the nerve to do it yet.

Honored Contributor

Do you have a metal detector?...or have access to one? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How I found my lost stud earring was at night with all the lights off and a very bright flashlight.  Hold the flashlight down close to the floor and shine the light at an angle, almost horizontal to the floor. You'll have to get down on all fours and put your head down close to the floor as you're shining the light on the floor. Good luck!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    It's true, you can often find things using a flashlight that you otherwise can't see.  I'm always losing remote controls and several times have only been able to find them with a flashlight.  Now I've put little beeper devices on each of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fthunt 

Suggestion: secure a piece of gauze or pantyhose to the vacuum nozzle and vacuum along baseboards and under furniture.   The secured material will prevent the lost item from being pulled into the vacuum dirt.

I also use this set up when dusting silk flowers.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill