Regular Contributor
I was home from work today and I spent most of the day watching HSN.... I have never done that. Purchased some Heidi Daus pieces. Size and cost much better than Barbara Bixby.. I lOVE the Bixby line but of late pieces where so so and the prices way to high. It was nice listening to the hosts. They were experienced, professional, and not one of them screaming at us as if they were trained to be a circus leader. Crazy. I am finding myself less and less finding me at Chanel 1311. I have been a loyal customer to the Q but there prices and taxes are climbing sky high. HSN has good sales and free shipping. I could watch the HSN hosts all day! Love Callie! (It's like they are adults.) Ps this is not bashing Q but rather a wake up call for the Q
Super Contributor

I have been a loyal customer to the Q but there prices and taxes are climbing sky high

You can't blame QVC for taxes ... that's your state legislature's fault. Whether or not QVC or any other vendor collects taxes from you, you are still responsible to pay them to your state.

Valued Contributor

Have purchased three pieces from Heidi Daus since November 2014. Her jewelry...tho fashion...is very well designed and manufactured. Purchased the TS locket necklace today.

You can find great prices on her jewelry plus a warranty. Have even spoken with someone from her office and they are prompt and courteous.

There is something for everyone....isn't that nice? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Can't say I'm watching any more HSN but have definitely been watching and buying from SHQ... Meanwhile, I haven't had QVC on since gem day with no plans to have it on for the foreseeable future. Their program lineup just stinks.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/15/2015 stevieb said:

Can't say I'm watching any more HSN but have definitely been watching and buying from SHQ... Meanwhile, I haven't had QVC on since gem day with no plans to have it on for the foreseeable future. Their program lineup just stinks.

Hi StevieB I haven't watched the Q either. To me, they used to be the best channel for jewelry, but not so much anymore. I purchase my jewelry from ShopHQ. Prices are better snd I can get free shipping on some purchases. Haven't purchased anything from gem week, but I do have my eye on the double row gemstone ring that Chuck showed earlier tonight. The price is so good, I'm thinking of getting it in both the yellow citrine and the garnet. I did order a very unusual ring from Hedi Daus tonight. There's always one item I manage to find that says buy me, lol. It never fails.
Trusted Contributor

I still check the product line-up online but it's always a total disappointment.

Trusted Contributor

DITTO on SHQ ... losing interest on the Q. Every time I switch over to the Q, it's something I've already seen many times before. Too much of the same ole over and over and over again. JMHO!

Honored Contributor
On 1/15/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

Hi StevieB I haven't watched the Q either. To me, they used to be the best channel for jewelry, but not so much anymore. I purchase my jewelry from ShopHQ. Prices are better snd I can get free shipping on some purchases. Haven't purchased anything from gem week, but I do have my eye on the double row gemstone ring that Chuck showed earlier tonight. The price is so good, I'm thinking of getting it in both the yellow citrine and the garnet. I did order a very unusual ring from Hedi Daus tonight. There's always one item I manage to find that says buy me, lol. It never fails.

Hey Bling... I did purchase a few things on gem day, but really, twice a year...? As opposed to HQ where it's a regular feature. No, HQ isn't paradise, but they do mix it up a bit. I've also been enjoying some of their home decorating shows, something else rarely seen on Q. I haven't bought anything so far from HQ's gem week, but I AM watching and did pick up a pretty ring from HQ a few weeks back, a new lamp from the last week and a new handbag as well... Nothing from the Q... How could there be...? Enjoy your new 'bling' treasures!

Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 vaccinia said:

I still check the product line-up online but it's always a total disappointment.

I totally get it... I still check too and day after day typically see absolutely no reason to tune in at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like the Q to offer more variety in jewelry designers and clothing designers. I can deal with rising prices, every commodity increases over time, but the same few options over and over are really disappointing. I do not care to watch HSN nor Shop NBC.