Frequent Contributor

I modified my Modern Traditions earrings!

I bit the bullet and decided to try an idea I had for modifying the M.T. earrings. I removed the golden mop disc by clipping a prong and bending the silver framework and took it off the post. I then bent the remaining silver framework so that both ends were even and it no longer tucked behind the lobe. I like the look so much better.

Then I took the mop discs, which have a very small hole drilled through the center, and put them on my threader earrings with the native pearl beads, one on each threader. The mop disc fit right over the threader end and slid down the chain until they sit above the native pearl bead. Actually they are snug enough, the mop disc could stop at any point on the chain, but I like them sitting on top of the bead. So cute!

Since they are on threaders the dangle can be adjusted from up close to the ear or as long as the threader hangs and is still through the piercing.

Before I got the project underway, my idea was to use the golden mop as a post stud, and put the silverwork with the marquis stones on shepherd's hooks. But when I saw the post was on on the silverwork, and the mop disc was free-wheeling, I had to change my plan.

Now I have two pairs of earrings that are more wearable. Not sure how often I will wear either of them, especially the threader pair, but at least I don't dread wearing the ones with the purple spiny and grn. turq stones and the swirly silverwork, which is the main part of the M.T. earrings.

I like them better now that they don't tuck behind the earlobe like batwings! LOL!

With all this said, I would NOT recommend getting them just to modify them as I have done. But since I had them, I was willing to sacrifice them to try to make a pair that I would enjoy wearing once in awhile.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}