Super Contributor

Re: I missed the shows - what did everyone get?

On 3/30/2015 motherinlaw said:

New Native Pearl necklace in the 17". Will wear it as a stand alone piece. Hoping it will work with my RLM pieces too. Nice bridge necklace. Smiley Happy

Sounds good to me, mil, congratulations! Those pearls in that length are on my wish list.
Super Contributor

On 3/31/2015 pickybynature said:
On 3/30/2015 kathoderay said:

I went shopping in my jewelry box. Juggie, I sent you a pic of what I 'bought'. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I like that idea, in fact I pulled out my lapis mixed metal necklace to remind me I don't need the new one! I did end up getting the new Native Pearl necklaces, not sure which length I'll keep. That "striped oxidized" bead works back perfectly with all the strands I've collected over the years when in NM. So many of the AWJ designs in the last year or more remind me of shopping in Santa Fe....at a fraction of the cost!

I saw your photo, it looked great! I really appreciate you posting photos, they give me so many ideas! The new lapis looks so tiny in comparison, maybe good for layering? As for the new beads, like you, I own the originals that don't have the stamped beads in the mix. My first thought when I saw the new strand, I hope Carolyn offers the larger (10-15mm?) size striped oxidized beads as a single strand, we need a chunky strand that isn't stamped!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kath! I was thinking of layering as well, the new lapis looks to be along the lines of the mixed metal, turq, leather necklace and I layer that. I am really in "debt-ville" if AW comes out with the 10-15mm striped oxidized single strand! I'm hoping the last two shows with a re-visit of the striped bead have been a test run for bigger and better!
Occasional Contributor

I can't post the pic, but came home an email from one of the jewelry stores in ABQ I shop complete with a 3strand 12mm NP necklace .....for the low price of $2498! So just in case we see an AW version in the next year I'll know it's a bargain! LOL
Super Contributor

Hi Picky, wow thanks for sharing. That brings into perspective CPJ's prices. Really good to know. The new native strand is on my wish list! Hi all Sistas - make it a good day!