Super Contributor

I miss the good old gem/Diamonique days at the Q

[ Edited ]

I know this has probably been discussed before, but yesterday I came home early from work and spent time watching a gem show on Evine. It made me recall how I enjoyed the Silver Style shows back in the day when they offered pretty gems set in SS. I still love my multi-gem tennis bracelet I've had for years. I also miss curling up in bed on Sunday night with KL and the wonderful Diamonique choices we had then.  I'd have to force myself to turn it off and go to bed. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

Re: I miss the good old gem/Diamonique days at the Q

I remember those shows too and miss them just as you do! 

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom Yes!  Just yesterday I wore one of the multi-gem bracelets I bought way back from QVC.  Remember when there was all day silver day and the lady named Suarti (sp) was on and she danced.  She was so sweet.  It was interesting.

I have tons of Diamonique, gemstones, etc mostly from QVC.  I haven't worked in 43 years yet I enjoy getting dressed when I go out (all QVC).  I can't walk in stores so everything is pretty much QVC with some HSN (but not much).

I've been pulling out my 'old' QVC clothes and jewelry and it brings back fond memories when they had many different vendors on talking about different items.  It's early morning and I'm already so tired of those same boots (it's better than the turkey fryer though).

I get so many compliments on my jewelry (sometimes I look like Mr. T (remember him with the jewelry).  I turn 70 soon so I don't care what other's think.  I dress for me.  My friend I eat with every day is so kind, she never teases me about all of my jewelry.  Wouldn't matter anyway.  One good thing about getting old...you don't give a rat's (insert the word you use for your bottom) what other's think about my clothes, same for jewelry.  

It would be fun to see some the stuff brought back.  Put the gemstones in something other than gold (mix them up) but bring back more gemstones, jewelry shows (the one's with lots of stones and Diamonique, just something different.

Thanks OP for suggesting it.  You have my vote.

Trusted Contributor

Ditto on missing the jewelry shows on the Q.  Apparently that's not what's selling these days from what I've read recently.  I really enjoyed watching Evine's gem days the past week.  I've now moved to JTV to get my jewelry fix. 

Honored Contributor

I miss ALL of QVC's old jewelry shows.  I don't think the problem is that jewelry is not selling, I think it is because they just can't make the profit margins they used to.  Too much competition.  LC and Gemporia on price.  Evine has the most well rounded jewelry selection and does an excellent job marketing it.  I can't get through one of their big extravaganzas without buying one or two pieces from one of the Three Amigos. 

Honored Contributor

I miss the good old days also. Used to be so many vendors and variety.  Sigh 😔 

Honored Contributor

I was on leave from work for a few weeks & cleaned out my large jewelry armoire.  I had fun looking at everythng, remembering the occasion when I purchased or was gifted.

I cleaned up everything & I'm wearing some pieces now that I haven't worn in a while.

I have a Diamonique graduated 5 stone marquise band in 14k. 

It is absolutely gorgeous.

It's big enough to notice but not so big it looks fake.

I also found the paperwork.

$99

20 years ago.

@MercysMom wrote:

I know this has probably been discussed before, but yesterday I came home early from work and spent time watching a gem show on Evine. It made me recall how I enjoyed the Silver Style shows back in the day when they offered pretty gems set in SS. I still love my multi-gem tennis bracelet I've had for years. I also miss curling up in bed on Sunday night with KL and the wonderful Diamonique choices we had then.  I'd have to force myself to turn it off and go to bed. 

Honored Contributor

I remember Kathy Levine's Dmq shows too.  To be honest, I cannot believe that I actually sat there and watched every second of those 4 hour shows.....every week.  I can't believe I really did that.  But that was a long, long time ago and the whole shopping channel thing was still new and fresh.  I still have and I still wear the Dmq pieces in 14k gold.  I don't miss the gemstone shows at all because I find some amazing jewelry buys on the shopping channels.  I think Evine has always done a better job with jewelry than Qvc every did. 

Valued Contributor

I have been super busy at work and been off the forums for a few days.  I could not agree more about missing the old jewelry shows.  I never saw KL on the Q but I do remember how entertaining the jewelry shows used to be and how much pleasure I got from ordering and getting my jewelry items.  I mentioned this just now in another thread "how QVC lost my business..."; would love to see a regularly scheduled AM morning program like Silver Style on the weekend when I can actually watch it in real time. Not the same when you have to record it and watch after the fact.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shogirl yeah me too,  i watch evine and jtv for jewelry. even if i don't buy at least i'm not being bored silly with qvc's programming