Honored Contributor

Re: I miss Peyton and other hosts

[ Edited ]

It's just a job with them, they move on to other jobs.  I don't have personal relationships with show hosts and experts so I don't really miss them.  I notice that they are gone but that's usually weeks or  months later.  Often I only know they are gone when I read it here.  It does seem like some older ladies were definitely crushing on Peyton.

Super Contributor

Not so with Peyton. He encouraged his gem fans to follow him via social media always. He was THE Q gem source for almost 20 yrs, so gem lovers did form a social relationship with him that did not end when he was no longer employed at the Q.  I'm far from an "Older lady" and never had any type of crush on him. (FYI people, he's married) I appreciate him for his knowledge and his willingness to share his wealth of knowledge with his Q customers whom many have become friends. And he would many times answer on his own time, not just when on the clock at the Q.  Anyone that misses him should follow him on facebook at Peyton Kelley's Gems.  In these social media days, people are able to reach out and connect with those they choose to.  I know the Q hosts have social media teams, but many do in fact jump on and personally respond, at times. Selling tactic or not, it does bring people closer and makes it a better experience overall.  I can say without a doubt, people like Peyton are hard to find and in my humble opinion the Q will never be able to find any amount of people who claim to be gem experts, to ever fill his shoes.   

Respected Contributor

I think Peyton left because QVC is getting out of the jewelry business--14k and gemstones.  They don't need his expertise or connections anymore.  So sad.  I miss him and the wonderful jewelry he presented!!!