Regular Contributor

I miss Peyton and other hosts

I have been warching Gem Shopping Network.  Unique estate pieces, signed pieces and gold most pieces in 18k orPlatinum.  But I miss Peyton.

Honored Contributor

Re: I miss Peyton and other hosts

@Beckron wrote:

I have been warching Gem Shopping Network.  Unique estate pieces, signed pieces and gold most pieces in 18k orPlatinum.  But I miss Peyton.

@Beckron  I never think of Peyton as a host.  Did he ever do a show alone?  I didn't watch him all that much, but whenever I saw him he was with a QVC host.  I thought he was a QVC buyer?

Regular Contributor

Me  too! He always made the best presentations. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I don't understand 'missing a host'. They are sales people I don't know. That's just me.

Respected Contributor

I think the reason Peyton was so loved was that he had a down home folksy way about him, and was not hard sell.  He probably got a "golden parachutte" from the Q and felt it was a once in a lifetime deal!

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  Peyton was not the host but the vendor that knew so much about all jewelry.

He was charming, real, and honest.  Miss him much.

Honored Contributor

Peyton Kelly was the jewelry buyer.  He came across as being a really nice person.  If they've replaced him, they haven't announced it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Hi Kachina~ Peyton's last day at the Q was May 1, 2017.  I miss his presentations and wealth of info about the stones as well as where he found many of them, like his "Vault Finds". 

Are you the same Kachina from yrs back? I haven't been on here in many years and happened to see your nickname. I believe you and another jewelry lover (can't recall her name) helped me find a Carolyn Pollack butterfly ring yrs back. 

Honored Contributor

@star826   I imagine I'm the same kachina as I've never run across another.  I used to really be into Carolyn Pollack's jewelry but not so much anymore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Who was the other gal who we used to post with about CP's items? I have not been on here in I think 3 or 4 yrs. Was on from the old QVC bulletin board days with live chat room. Think it was 2002-ish SO good to see familiar names. I haven't brought home any CP in a while. Just not the same as it was yrs back. Less unique items and for me, the shows became snoozefests. Good to reconnect! Smiley Happy