Honored Contributor

Re: I'm confused about the Fire Light lab grown

Diamonique is diamond simulate.  A pretend diamond.  Lab grown are real diamonds (Synthetic..man grown, not nature)  To make it as close as possible, they can create flaws or make it perfect.  Blue Nile is a better bet than Fire Light.  They are roughly 30% cheaper than diamonds grown in nature. Even a flaw filled lab grown diamond looks better then the identical nature grown diamond. And it is difficult to make by the way.  That's another reason they are not dirt cheap.

Honored Contributor

@WVRhyter wrote:

I have some Diamonique, but I discovered JTV and I have a large selection of Bella Luce. I also have lots of beautiful gem stones. My favorite stone for the sparkle is Stontium Titanate or Fabulite. You can't beat it for the sparkle factor. You can only find it at JTV.

Prices are really good on the Stontium TitansteSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

I don't get it either - they're both simulated diamonds.  And look at Moissanite - lab created diamond as expensive as real diamonds.  Makes no sense.  

@FranandZoe a lab grown diamond is NOT a simulated diamond.  It is a REAL diamond.  What they have done, essentially is to create the same circumstances with the same chemicals it takes to make a diamond in real life, but to allow it to happen in a lab. Simulants = "similar."  There is a big difference.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Here she goes again....

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Here she goes again....

You "baiting again?"  You act like a child

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

While lab created diamonds are real diamonds, they have little to no resale value. Something to consider when purchasing a stone you expect to upgrade at a later time, or one you intend to pass on as inheritance.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

While lab created diamonds are real diamonds, they have little to no resale value. Something to consider when purchasing a stone you expect to upgrade at a later time, or one you intend to pass on as inheritance.

Even most natural diamonds don't hold their value unless, of course, if they rank up there with a Hope diamond or some other ridiculously rare stone.  In general investing in gemstones is not a profitable way of making money. Most people lose money along the way as they sell off stones especially now since gold is so expensive which puts limitations on setting them into a piece of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I once was alone in a TJ Maxx with a male manager for around a half hour.  Waiting for cab or some long forgotten circumstance.  Anyway, they had an entire showcase full of Moissanite.  Good prices but it was all yellow.  Manager just played dumb.  This must have been why it had been sold off to TJ Maxx. I've never been tempted with any of this stuff since.

Honored Contributor

I caved and bought my first lab grown diamond piece...a pair of 1/3-cttw studs set in silver, measure 8mm across. Stones are 1mm full-cut rounds, some a bit larger. I'm just so curious about what they look like so I had to get these. Looking forward to seeing the sparkle factor.

Luxuriant Lab Grown Diamond G-H SI Stud Earrings in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 0.33 ctw