Honored Contributor

I'm confused about the Fire Light lab grown

I thought thats what Diamonique was.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm confused about the Fire Light lab grown

Fire Light is lab-grown diamond. Diamond exists in nature but can be grown in a lab as well.

Diamonique is arificial (doesn't exist in nature) and is called cubic zirconia. Created in a lab and won't be found in the earth as a natural element.

Respected Contributor

I don't get it either - they're both simulated diamonds.  And look at Moissanite - lab created diamond as expensive as real diamonds.  Makes no sense.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lab-grown diamonds are not cheap to make. But you get more bang (the 3 Cs) for your buck when it comes to lab grown diamond. Plus there's no question about the ethical nature of them either.

The GIA grades lab diamonds just like they do natural diamonds. They don't grade CZs. 

Honored Contributor

A lab grown diamond has the same properties as a diamond...it is a diamond.  There are several companies making lab grown diamonds.  They are less expensive than a diamond only because they are lab grown.  

A moissanite is made with silicon carbide.  It is very sparkly (some say too sparkly) and is very diamond like.  It can be difficult to see the difference between a diamond or moissanite for most people.  It is bought as an alternative to a diamond and less expensive than a lab grown diamond.  There are different qualities of moissanite...the gold standard is now the Forever One by Charles & Colvard.  Other companies carry the Forever One.  The quality of moissanite has changed over the years and it is a diamond stimulant but a beauty in its own right.  You can go to You Tube and see the difference between a Diamond, lab grown, and mossianite.

Diamonique is a CZ and the least expensive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Diamonds are pure carbon - C

• Natural diamonds (Affinity) are mined from the earth
  • Lab-Grown diamonds (Firelight) are made either by HTHP or CVD in a lab

Moissanite is silicon carbide - SiC

• Natural Moissanite is rare
  • Lab-Grown Moissanite is made by Charles & Colvard

Cubic Zirconia is zirconium dioxide - ZrO2

• ZrCO2 has a natural form called baddeleyite that is extremely rare
  • Diamonique, Absolute, etc. is lab-grown CZ

Trusted Contributor

I have white gold moissanite pieces in both a pendant and a pair of hoop earrings I bought YEARS ago when HSN was selling Charles & Covard.  They are brilliant and sparkle like a diamond.  Absolutely beautiful and I would recommend if you want something less expensive than a diamond but a good quality piece.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a piece with fire light lab grown diamonds. The problem was the setting, not the diamonds. The diamonds by itself were perfect. I would be more prone to order it again in gold, not in silver, it just did not looked right. J 371262. All stones were of different size, they did not match them well.

Fire Light Lab Grown Diamond Sterling Silver Ring

I have one or two pieces with small moissanite. I actually really like it. It serves the purpose. The stones are nice, clear and sparkly.

I have few DMQ pieces, mostly because I like the ring design and stones shape. I seriously dislike any trillion cut stones but on one of Amy TSV it looks  fine, the way the ring was designed.

Frequent Contributor

I have some Diamonique, but I discovered JTV and I have a large selection of Bella Luce. I also have lots of beautiful gem stones. My favorite stone for the sparkle is Stontium Titanate or Fabulite. You can't beat it for the sparkle factor. You can only find it at JTV.

Honored Contributor

@WVRhyter wrote:

I have some Diamonique, but I discovered JTV and I have a large selection of Bella Luce. I also have lots of beautiful gem stones. My favorite stone for the sparkle is Stontium Titanate or Fabulite. You can't beat it for the sparkle factor. You can only find it at JTV.

@WVRhyter 

Etsy and also ShopLC sells strontium titanate. Fabulite is JTV's branded name for their ST.