Honored Contributor

I am a "unique ring" person.

However, I wouldn't want a colored gemstone, so it would have to be a very interesting, non traditional, unconventional diamond(s) ring.

Super Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Harpa said:
On 3/19/2015 Debbie555 said: I'm on a jewelry/ring kick lately and I have no idea why. Most of my jewelry has been purchased 10-15 or more years ago. I think I've bought two or three inexpensive rings since then. Suddenly I have a ring fixation lol..I want a mandarin garnet ring desperately, a pink saphire and a tanzanite..lol...now after seeing someones picture here of their London blue topaz ring I decided I wanted that too. After ordering a ring from hsn and having them send me the wrong item, I went ahead and purchased a London blue topaz ring here and can't wait to get it. It's sizable too which is not really my style, I like small pieces. Now to your question, I have a .75 pear shaped solitare engagement ring. Very simple, thin band and I still like that took today except I would definitely like a cushion cut diamond, I would also consider a mandarin garnet engement ring, that stone is so absolutely gorgeous.

Debbie, I had to look up mandarin garnet. That color is beautiful! You can purchase loose stones for cheap on Amazon. Smiley Happy

I fell in love with this stone years ago when I first saw it! It's so different and so gorgeous to me, The thing is I don't know much about buying gemstones. I've seen these priced from under 50 dollars to into the tens of thousands! What is the difference? Lol. If I can't find a ring I'm going to purchase a loose gemstone somewhere.
Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 happygal said:

I like the idea of something other than a diamond engagement ring. It's nice for the intendeds to shop together for something, but surprises are good too if the young man knows for sure what would be well received.

Here's my question, would the lady then wear the engagement ring on her right hand and a simple band on her left?

Quality--do you wear a lot of rings? Every day?

Right pointer eternity band, right ring, I change fairly often and left ring finger. Can wear the same ring fingers rings for 2-3 days and then change. Some I like to think of as a work of art. But some of the others here mentioned antique and vintage, and I love to look at those. I do have a number of rings, but it my pleasure, art you could say. I like eternity bands and dome rings, sometimes. some very small rings that makes it feel very vintage or antique. Thanks for asking.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Debbie555 said:I fell in love with this stone years ago when I first saw it! It's so different and so gorgeous to me, The thing is I don't know much about buying gemstones. I've seen these priced from under 50 dollars to into the tens of thousands! What is the difference? Lol. If I can't find a ring I'm going to purchase a loose gemstone somewhere.

Clarity and color and carat weight. If a color strikes you and it's the size you want and it's within your price range, then go for it!

Respected Contributor
JTV sells mandarin or spessartite garnets. Do not know how good they are there but at least they are natural untreated like all garnets
Trusted Contributor

I never wanted an engagement ring. I told my fiance that I just wanted a plain gold wedding band. We've been married 29 years now and have never regretted it. I wear an assortment of rings on both ring fingers, including right next to my wedding band.

Occasional Contributor

My husband picked out my engagement ring 32 years ago...marquise cut with two side diamonds. I loved it then and love it just as much now

Super Contributor

DH wanted me to have a diamond solitaire, I wanted something other than plain round. So we chose it together, a plain pear-shaped solitaire. I can't imagine being presented with a "surprise" ring, that's not traditional in Britain. It also saves on a wasted ring, if the girl says no {#emotions_dlg.laugh} The guy proposes, and if she says yes, then they choose the ring together.

Trusted Contributor

My husband asked me to marry him first, then we went ring shopping the next day. We decided to wear each other's birthstones, so his band is channel-set alternating rubies and diamonds. My engagement ring is an oval cut aquamarine flanked by sapphires. The wedding band is a diamond eternity band. It is an unusual wedding set for sure, but lovely. Husband loves his wedding band, and even he has gotten compliments on it.

I'm not much of a ring person, but I always wear my wedding set. I gave my daughter most of my cocktail rings and such; it seemed appropriate since they were given to me mostly by her father, my later husband.

Honored Contributor

I long rings too. Since wedding rings are worn all the time I would like a black hills gold band. Black Hills jewelry is very pretty and you do not have to baby it.