Honored Contributor

Re: I love jewelry, but I wonder how much I need?

I tend to wear a few of my jewelry pieces over and over. Other pieces aren't worn as often. I have more necklaces than anything - some costume and some real. I am always looking for the perfect necklace for each top or outfit so IMO a girl needs lots of necklace options.Smiley Very Happy
Last year I sold some of my real gold and silver pieces and donated some costume pieces that I don't wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

I recently inventoried my jewelry, took photos and put the pix in a digital album on my computer. Yes, I have a lot of silver jewelry but not much gold at all. I have some nice fashion jewelry too. I did this project over about a year or so and did one section - one jewelry storage Prezerv roll or jewelry box at a time. I also cleaned any tarnish off the silver if the piece needed it before photographing it.

I have a lot of earrings but don't wear them much now. I prefer fun fashion boho looking pieces that are not expensive and that I won't stress over.

I don't buy much jewelry now at all, I don't need or want too. I do agree that when you have a lot, you forget or don't remember what you have.

Respected Contributor

I have pretty much stopped purchasing jewelry. I am 59 years old now and will not be working that much longer. I have enough jewelry to wear different pieces everyday of the year it seems. Once I am retired, I will not wear it so often. I am trying to save instead of spend on unnecessary things. 

Honored Contributor

Jewelry makes me happy and I like collecting artisan jewelry.I wear jewelry of some sort every day and always wear earrings. Do I need it, no, I guess I could learn to get along without it, but that wouldn't be any fun. I treat myself to something every so often, I can afford it and life is short.