Valued Contributor

Re: I love David Yurman bangles but....

I have a couple of Emma Sykes pieces and enjoy them, I think you should give it a try.I do agree that cable twisted bangles do not make the noise as other types of bangles. The necklace and braclet the writer may be referring to is popcorn set, it is unusual but n has a great staying power.
Honored Contributor

Belk & Co. Diamond Necklace in Sterling Silver with 14k Yellow Gold

This is from fine jewelry at Belk. Their SS, 14k, diamond set is so like Yerman and I love some of the styles more.

Valued Contributor

Emma stykes, had one almost like that,braclet also, I bought this set and love it,I would love to feel and look at your piece.
Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 customer 5 said:
On 1/5/2015 SANNA said: I never liked DY to the point of paying so much for just silver and semiprecious stones and now his turquoise is simulated. I read the description myself.

In a magazine advertisement some bangles were being made of aluminum.

Those were a limited edition...my daughter has two and they are kind of cool. They were not expensive (priced as a piece of designer costume jewelry) and she adores them.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 LuvitorLIT said:

I love his jewelry I brought quite a few of his pieces from ebay a couple of years ago. I especially love his bangles and his confetti line of jewelry. I was in St. Maarten and his jewelry is sold at some very good discount prices but unfortunately or fortunately his bangles are too small for me.

FYI, the bangles can be ordered in multiple sizes.

Also FYI, DY has outlets and sample sales...went to one last summer at Chelsea Market in NYC. Tengems also carries Yurman, although not a great selection.

Super Contributor

On 1/6/2015 GRACIE said:

FYI: Taxco was 1st establish in the late 1950's. The twisted cuff bracelet was made in the 1970s. The bracelets I have are about 1/4 wide weighting over 40 grams each.

Yes, understood...was just noting that Yurman has been doing the design in the US for 30+ years. Also FYI, Yurman made (don't know if it's still produced) a 10mm, which is just shy of 1/2 inch. Not sure of the weight of that piece, but I'd venture to guess it's over 60 grams...it's an arm workout for sure! Love all of the silver, Taxco and the designs so inspired.