Regular Contributor

I know it's not recommended, but has anyone had an Epiphany ring resized?

I have a beautiful Epiphany ring from QVC, but it's since sold out. I need it to be a half size bigger as my fingers "grew" a little after having a baby and never fully went back. Do you think it would be possible for a jeweler to extend it just ever so slightly? I know it's probably easier to make a ring smaller with a guard, but unfortunately I need the opposite. Has anyone tried this? Can it be done?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ophelia

Honored Contributor

Re: I know it's not recommended, but has anyone had an Epiphany ring resized?

I hate to tell you, but I wouldn't try this. A reputable jeweler would probably not do it.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Yes, I have. The only issue was that there's a tiny but visible line where the work was done. The jeweler warned me that would happen, and I'm OK with it. it's on the underside where no one else sees it.

I have also bought an Epiphany ring from eBay that had obviously been resized (I don't know if it was sized up or down, but it's now a half size which QVC did not sell originally) and I can't see where the work was done.

I'd do it again.

Honored Contributor

This is good to know, clover... thanks for the info

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Clover29! I don't mind if it has a small line on the underside. At least then I can wear it and it's not collecting dust!

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Some can be stretched not resized, you may want to ask about this.

Respected Contributor

I would not do it. Epiphany is platinum coated silver. During the sizing process the heat can burn off some of the coating... where it is sized, as well as on other areas. I've had this happen and the entire ring ended up black. The jeweler couldn't do anything. I've also had silver rings sized and there is a black seam.... over time it gets darker as it tarnishes.