Honored Contributor

I have 3 newer rings that have areas of skin showing through.

While it's a new look, on some pieces it's ok. On others, not so crazy about them. I like them more than I don't like them. Not something I'd return.

Have you seen this look yet?

Honored Contributor

Re: I have 3 newer rings that have areas of skin showing through.

IMO, it's used as a way to cut down the amount of gold needed in the band.   I have two that look great.  It is really what you like that counts, though.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've seen many of these new rings. They're called nefative space rings. I just ordered  one a couple of days ago so when I get it I'll let you know if I like it or not.

I bought one a few months ago and it was just too wide, I guess you would say. My fingers are short so it was uncomfortable to bend them. Hopefully they'll start making some of these rings for women with shorter fingers, or women that just like a ring that doesn't go all the way up to the knuckle.

Which rings did you get? I would like to see them. I think we women should wear what jewelry we like no matter what our age. My mother is 74 and she really likes and owns a lot of the new styles. I'm getting ready to order her an adjustable bracelet. The kind where you pull on the bead and it makes it shorter and the two chains and beads hang down.

Respected Contributor

I like the ones where there is an opening at the top of the ring, sometimes in a "bypass" style, sometimes not.  I have size 5 ring fingers with size 5-1/2 to 6 knuckles.........you can see where I'm going with this.  I love being able to adjust the ring just enough so I can get it over my knuckle!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@Remar wrote:

Yes, I've seen many of these new rings. They're called nefative space rings. I just ordered  one a couple of days ago so when I get it I'll let you know if I like it or not.

I bought one a few months ago and it was just too wide, I guess you would say. My fingers are short so it was uncomfortable to bend them. Hopefully they'll start making some of these rings for women with shorter fingers, or women that just like a ring that doesn't go all the way up to the knuckle.

Which rings did you get? I would like to see them. I think we women should wear what jewelry we like no matter what our age. My mother is 74 and she really likes and owns a lot of the new styles. I'm getting ready to order her an adjustable bracelet. The kind where you pull on the bead and it makes it shorter and the two chains and beads hang down.

Some are also meant to be worn as MIDI rings.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Interesting, as I have never heard of these rings.  Now I'm curious.  

Esteemed Contributor

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

*Call Tyrone*