Trusted Contributor

I broke all my own rules and ordered J397133

I know I said I'm too lazy to own silver. I also know I said I'd never buy a magnetic closure bracelet. But I saw this on lunchtime specials and I surrendered! What can I say? I'm weak and it's really cute!

IMG_1329.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: I broke all my own rules and ordered J397133

[ Edited ]

@VegasBusinessWoman   That is very pretty!

Contributor

That is a beautiful bracelet! Enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

Well, you broke your rules for a gorgeous bracelet...so no regrets!  Enjoy your gift to yourself.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful bracelet, now be VERY VERY careful. I have lost two really nice bracelets because of magnetic closures that were "guaranteed" by QVC to be strong. One I actually found in my driveway that I had run over. 

Both times I am convinced that when I put my coat on that it pulled my bracelet off.  I will never ever buy another bracelet with this type of closure. 

Trusted Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman 

You know what they say, "Rules were made to be broken." 😉

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum  If I have a magnetic closure, I always take it off & put it in my pocket before pulling on a cloat.  I put it back on when I get to my destination.  It doesn't matter how "strong" they say it is.  Over time it weakens. Most of my magnetic closures are all Ultrafine.  Never gold.  

Honored Contributor

That's very pretty indeed. I assume "lazy" refers to tarnishing. I only buy silver that is rhodium or platinum plated. I keep my older pieces in jewelry boxes that retard tarnishing for 10 years. I wipe them with a jewelry cloth before I put them back  in the box. My tarnishing worries are over.  

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman   This is a cool bracelet. I bought this a year or two ago when they first presented this in many other gems on a jewelry day. The price was probably much less than today, I bought the opal.

It arrived, I tried it on but the more I looked at it and had it on, with the magnetic clasp I tought it cold be an accident waiting to happen. Did not want to spend the money if at some point I'd catch it on something and would e nd up losing it.  I would not have been happy. I chose to return it.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies, your concerns about the magnetic closure are well-founded, and I share them. Fortunately for the longevity of this bracelet, wearing a coat isn't something I do very often. This is the Mojave Desert. Even winter isn't terribly cold. If it is very cold, I stay home! I do have a coat . . . somewhere. It probably doesn't fit anymore, since I haven't worn it in a couple of years.

I've given some thought to taking it to my jeweler and having the clasp replaced, although that might cost more than the bracelet did.

Looking at that picture, it looks like I need to get my nails done, too!