Honored Contributor

I Wore Heavier Earrings Today Comfortably!!!!!

Apparently these are at Walmart, Claires, Etsy, and amazon.  It took a minute to get them in the right spot on the back of my ear lobe, but I was comfortable all day!!!!!Smiley Happy

Image result for lobe wonder ear support patches

Lobe Wonder® Earring Support Patches Instantly Makes Torn, Stretched Lobes No Longer Visible, 60/Box (Pack of 2)

Trusted Contributor

Re: I Wore Heavier Earrings Today Comfortably!!!!!

@ECBG  I ordered those from Amazon, but haven't used them yet.  I was a little confused about how to line up the patch with the piercing and the earring wire.  Now I'll definitaly use them!!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG @VegasBusinessWoman   I have a totally ripped ear lobe (well healed decades ago) and discovered these about fourteen months ago and ordered through Amazon Prime.

Took me a couple of tries but quickly figured out how to line up.  They work amazingly well so I can finally wear my pierced earrings again even the heavier ones that caused the original rip in the first place!

Honored Contributor

This is nice to know because I quit wearing anything but studs. Thanks for posting. @ECBG 

Honored Contributor

I probably need to get those lobe things, too. I have some earrings that hurt after wearing them. My piercings are fine but I don't want them to get stretched out by heavy earrings. Several years ago I had a 'lobe rejuvenation' where a derm took a laser and made my once-stretched-out holes like new again. I would not wear earrings for the longest time before that because I thought my lobes looked bad. Now they don't.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love those things, they make heavy earrings wearable again. 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@ECBG @VegasBusinessWoman   I have a totally ripped ear lobe (well healed decades ago) and discovered these about fourteen months ago and ordered through Amazon Prime.

Took me a couple of tries but quickly figured out how to line up.  They work amazingly well so I can finally wear my pierced earrings again even the heavier ones that caused the original rip in the first place!

@aroc3435 :  Your ripped ear lobe sounds like one I had, about 35 years ago.  In order to repair it, I had to go to the hospital with an overnight stay for them to repair it.  Thankfully I have not had any trouble with it since, even though I had to have it re-pierced.  I do use a round disc to hold earrings higher on my earlobe (if that makes any sense).

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom The round disc to hold the earring higher makes total sense.  My clean, total rip was also about thirty five years ago.  Didn't hurt--just couldn't wear an earring in that ear and switching to clips/screw backs hurt so I just stopped wearing earrings, which I missed.

Didn't know surgery was an option--too late now.  But these gizmos are wonderful, as I mentioned. 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 :  I ripped my earlobe when I tried to comb my hair with huge hoops in my ears, ripping it open.  My Dermatologist would not touch in his office but had to schedule surgery (those days are long gone, aren't they).  Anyway, I am still hesitant about wearing heavy, heavy earrings.  Glad we all can continue to be fashion forward Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy.