Respected Contributor

Re: I Thought This Time Of Year QVC Sold Jewelry for Christmas?

I tuned in for the first time in over a year one evening few weeks ago to watch a jewelry show.  It was a Ripka bracelet show I guess because after wating for them to sell something else I got tired and turned the channel. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: I Thought This Time Of Year QVC Sold Jewelry for Christmas?

I love jewelry and miss all the jewelry shows and I order jewelry when I think it's a good value. The quality has gone WAY down in recent years with all the "clad" stuff. I love my older 14Kt pieces and heavy silver cast pieces from years past. Even Judith Ripka is cheaply made and cheap looking. That said I find all the super blenders, vaccum cleaners, laptops, wind shield guards, snow shovels (and in fairness I live in Alabama and have no need for them), amazon gadgets, mattresses, and the list goes on...... to be a TOTAL bore of a day of hour long shows droning ON and On and On about one product. It's a vaccum it picks up dirt "end of story". When I buy a  big ticket item I keep it until it basically DIES do people buy 500.00 vaccums often? Granted I love jewelry and enjoy buying it. It's something most times that doen't break the bank and I can shop more often if I want. I miss the Gold Rush Days, and the Silver Creed Days, and the Rose of Tralee Days, at least it was something DIFFERENT!