Honored Contributor

Re: I Ordered New Chains For Artist's Pendants

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Shanus @ECBG  For heavier pendants, I like neckwires and

collars. I also have an omega that is reversible, 14k yellow gold

on one side and 14K white gold on the other side. That also works with heavy pendants.

@Enufstuff 

I have many collars for handmade pendants.  I have had an issue with some pendants laying flat against me and the artist said they were meant to me worn with a chain to lay flat.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG    Herringbones make poor pendant chains.  They are stiff, inflexible and don't lay flat.  They are worn more for sparkle and shine.

@Kachina624 

I came back and re read as I have been carrying clothes up and down the stairs all day.

I have worn that coin (made from that 400 year old bar of silver from the Atocka treasure ship) on a 1/4 in herringbone chain with no issue.  My jewelry doesn't catch on anything.

I know a box chain is the strongest, but just love the look of a herringbone which reminds me of a ribbon made from ice.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG   Only Shanus gets a reply?  What are the rest of us, chopped liver?

@Kachina624   Never chopped liver or second best. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

One of the best selections of chains I've found are here on Q in the Steel by Design brand. The color matches with my Silver and so many different links to choose from it's hard to pick.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

One of the best selections of chains I've found are here on Q in the Steel by Design brand. The color matches with my Silver and so many different links to choose from it's hard to pick.

@silkyk 

Many thanks.  Steel By Design didn't offer what I was looking for.