Honored Contributor

Re: I Miss Peyton on the Jewelry Shows

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm going to take it even farther .... I not only miss Peyton, but also David Markstein and the man who used to narrate all the diamond shows .....  articulate bald man .... can anyone think of his name?

Edited to add .... Yes!   Michael O'Connor.    Thanks!

Contributor

His name is Michael. O,Connor ( I think).  He's on Jewelry Television now (JTV.com).

Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen the Affinity rep who was on with Rick today?  Rick called him José Peron, I think.  I never saw him before.  

Respected Contributor

A classy well informed guy. No hard sell, unfortunately an anachronism at qvc.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love watching jewelry shows.Mr Peyton is a classic, a true professional.No hard sell. Yes he is miss. But as I recall when he was first assigned the Expert in diamonds and gemstones some posters were upset that Michael Conners was let go.( I think that was his name) The new Experts did not have anything for do with that. QVC  Management makes those decisions.Personally I don't have a issue with the New Experts in jewelry. Before I buy anything especially gemstones or jewelry  in particular, I do research, so the added information from the experts is a plus.Will the new Experts last? Only time and QVC Management can answer that question along with sales.While we all should express our like and dislikes from hosts to vender's presentations it's all about $. If the sales don't add up,they will be gone. While QVC and others shopping channel tries to promote that they are your friends or family by Facebook and etc.They are not,they are people trying to earn a living.

Trusted Contributor

@kjae: I DO TOO!!