Trusted Contributor

I Long For The Original Diamonique

The Diamonique being sold today is no better than dime store cz's, if you ask me. It does not come even close to the quality QVC used to sell.

I have a few pieces from years ago and you cannot distinguish them from real diamonds. I especially liked the 14K pieces and the Epiphany platinum clad pieces.

I had the Leah Williams Diamonique 11.25 ct. tennis bracelet and, much to my dismay, lost it a couple of years ago. Wish I could find someone selling it on Ebay!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Trusted Contributor

Re: I Long For The Original Diamonique

Nothing on QVC today comes close to the quality of what they sold  years ago. 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I loved all the old diamonique!

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

The Diamonique being sold today is no better than dime store cz's, if you ask me. It does not come even close to the quality QVC used to sell.

I have a few pieces from years ago and you cannot distinguish them from real diamonds. I especially liked the 14K pieces and the Epiphany platinum clad pieces.

I had the Leah Williams Diamonique 11.25 ct. tennis bracelet and, much to my dismay, lost it a couple of years ago. Wish I could find someone selling it on Ebay!

@Sapphiregal @I'm so with you on this. I've posted about this before. Diamonique could 

cater to two markets. The current strategy is for affordable fashion pieces not usually in gold. The stones are don't really look like diamonds. It's fine if they keep this strategy but they should add back a second line with their old,realistic looking stones and many in gold and market it as a second line with a higher price point. This would be good, especially for bridal pieces and wardrobe staples like diamond stud earrings and so,itaie necklaces. 

Honored Contributor

Could someone explain the difference they are seeing?  Other than saying Diamonique looks like glass, is there anything else?  Could it be some stones are poorly cut?  I've seen that on a few using 10x magnification.  

I dug out my old Diamonique rings and tennis bracelets, and compared them to the new I purchased last year under different light sources. They range from 2 to 20 carats.  Other than those poorly cut that didn't sparkle much, I didn't see a difference.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Could someone explain the difference they are seeing?  Other than saying Diamonique looks like glass, is there anything else?  Could it be some stones are poorly cut?  I've seen that on a few using 10x magnification.  

I dug out my old Diamonique rings and tennis bracelets, and compared them to the new I purchased last year under different light sources. They range from 2 to 20 carats.  Other than those poorly cut that didn't sparkle much, I didn't see a difference.  

In my opinion, the new Diamonique starts looking cloudy if exposed to soap and water. Also, I don't like the super shine that the silver has. Makes It look cheap. It needs platinum or rhodium plating. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

In my opinion, the new Diamonique starts looking cloudy if exposed to soap and water. Also, I don't like the super shine that the silver has. Makes It look cheap. It needs platinum or rhodium plating. 

@Sapphiregal   I agree about the silver being too shiny. I only purchase platinum clad settings. I also stay away from the 100 facet and those stones that are too shiny...artifical looking, dead give away it's not real. Size is also an issue. If a ring, for example is 10 cts., it's more likely to not be cut as well as a real diamond of that size. BTW, how many people own a 10 ct. diamond? I try to stay within believable carat weight, too.

Honored Contributor

My last DMQ purchases were the click-lock inside-out hoops. I got them in the little huggies and also the 1-inch size. They are well made and have good weight to them. I think they look like real diamonds b/c of the size of the small stones...believable carat weights which could pass for real on me with my lifestyle. 

I don't have many older DMQ pieces. Just a few pairs of studs. So I don't have much to compare with.

Honored Contributor

"In my opinion, the new Diamonique starts looking cloudy if exposed to soap and water. Also, I don't like the super shine that the silver has. Makes It look cheap. It needs platinum or rhodium plating."

@Sapphiregal 

OK, that may be why I haven't seen this.  I only wear my rings when I go somewhere, take them off when I get home.  Always take them off when I wash my hands. 

Don't like how the soap clings to the stones making them look "cloudy" and dull.  However, I have gotten soap on them.  Easy to remove.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This cleaner is the best thing I've used on my CZs. So easy to use and it makes the stones look like new.  The brush tip gets into the backs of the stones where the dirt hangs out and cleans it out nicely. Amazon sells a set of 3 pens for about $15.

QFC - Connoisseurs Diamond Dazzle Stik, 1 ct