Honored Contributor

Re: I HAVE FINALLY HAD IT!!!! JUDITH RIPKA TSV!!!

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve seen many lines of silver and gemstone jewelry on Q and other places. Her prices are over the top for what you’re getting. 

For my lifestyle, I can’t appreciate her “blue jeans to black tie” attitude. I’d be laughed out of WholeFoods wearing her jewelry & black tie? Uh, once in 20 yrs. in this now casual way of dressing? 

Her jewelry styles may go over w/ her Hampton friends, but she’s lost touch w/ the average customer. 

@Shanus

For many peope, having something with the name Judith Ripka meant something.  Yes, it was very nicely done, but the status symbol name made a lot of sales here and elsewhere.   

It's not unlike someone spending over a thousand bucks for a Louis Vuitton purse.   It's plasticized canvas with leather trim, and probably didn't cost more than $20 to manufacture, but women would pay ridiculous prices for them anyway.  

Since Judith sold her company, her pieces look (to me) like fake Judith Ripka .... cheap knock offs.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve seen many lines of silver and gemstone jewelry on Q and other places. Her prices are over the top for what you’re getting. 

For my lifestyle, I can’t appreciate her “blue jeans to black tie” attitude. I’d be laughed out of WholeFoods wearing her jewelry & black tie? Uh, once in 20 yrs. in this now casual way of dressing? 

Her jewelry styles may go over w/ her Hampton friends, but she’s lost touch w/ the average customer. 

@Shanus

For many peope, having something with the name Judith Ripka meant someth8ing.  Yes, it was very nicely done, but the status symbol name made a lot of sales here and elsewhere.   

It's not unlike someone spending over a thousand bucks for a Louis Vuitton purse.   It's plasticized canvas with leather trim, and probably didn't cost more than $20 to manufacture, but women would pay ridiculous prices for them anyway.  

Since Judith sold her company, her pieces look (to me) like fake Judith Ripka .... cheap knock offs.   JMO

@Tinkrbl44  IMO, there’s no comparison to jewelry that lacks wearability because of over the top stones/designs that can only be worn to a “formal event” & if your taste goes in that direction....My several LV bags, whether coated canvas or not, can be worn every day and some are more than 40 years old and have held up well. 

I purchase for value, design & price per wear and if it has a designer name, oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Flady1 I totally understand you being upset.   I have a couple of her pieces and they are nice.  I wouldn't buy anymore though as I feel her jewelry is vastly overpriced.  I mentioned once before on here that I had an opportunity to visit one of her stores when in Atlantic City.  It was a horrible experience as the securtiy guard followed us around the whole time.   It was ridiculous.

@LindaSal- that sounds awful. My husband and I went into her Atlantic City store and nobody bothered us. There were two salespeople behind the counters and we said we were looking and if we saw something we liked, we'd ask. We did ask to show us a few pieces and when we heard the prices, we almost fell down! Mr. Sunny was looking to buy me something special but I wouldn't even let him think about it after I heard what the prices were!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

I have to agree that her glad jewelry does look so fake. The color is just too yellow, or something. I've bought and sent a few of her clad pieces back. I do like some of her sterling pieces. You know you're getting alot of silver because of the weight. Especially her bracelets.

I've had a pair of her 14k yellow gold diamond hoops on my wish list forever. Do any of you own these? They look so pretty and have bezel set diamonds.No video though. I wish they had one. At well over $500 I'm not sure if they're worth the cost though because there's not many diamonds. I keep waiting for them to go on sale so I can give them a try. QVC has carried these earrings for a long time. Are her 14 k and 18 k pieces weighty like her silver pieces?

To FL Lday, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your bracelet. It's such a let down when you're excited to get a piece and it ends up being a huge diappointment. The $3 shipping is cheap but the $7 to send something back is not cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

@Remar:  You might look for the gold/diamonds piece you covet on EBay ( might cost way less than you think).

Super Contributor

Thank you. I've looked on ebay but I couldn't find these exact earrings. They did go on sale today for $429 down from $559, I think it was, so that's $130 of and there's value pay. I think I'm going to order them. If I don't like the gold wt or diamonds I can always send them back. These gold prices are crazy! Years ago I bought a pair of beautiful white gold 1 ct diamond hoops for less than $500.

Super Contributor

I just dont get her being so signature and successful, then turning into a blonde, that just said so much to me that she is not traditional in the sense that i would highly regard in a designer of what I thought was much more.

Honored Contributor

@Thebig I wrote:

I just dont get her being so signature and successful, then turning into a blonde, that just said so much to me that she is not traditional in the sense that i would highly regard in a designer of what I thought was much more.

@Thebig I

???    Women change their hair (and hair color) all the time ....  that has nothing to do with their careers.

Honored Contributor

There are things that are as nice for less. I like a lot of other vendors just as much, or more

Occasional Contributor

I have had it with Judith Ripka period. All of her jewelry is over priced. I ordered her 14k gold and ruby bracelet and sent it back the same day I got it. It was very expensive the stones were very small and the braceletvwas skimpy for the price. The only jewelry that's a goid deal with her are her watches when they are marked down. That's the only thing I will consider from now on.