Honored Contributor

Re: Hundreds of $$$$ for gold plated???

BUT it's sweet MB and we can trust what she says.  Plus as she mentioned at least a dozen times "it's Italian."

Honored Contributor

The color to which people object, which I didn't notice, may have been due to the lighting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's real gold and electroform then it will most likely dent very easily especially with how thin the pieces are being made these days. So to combat the thin layer of gold it's a good idea to fill the hollow stuff with resin to help keep it from getting dented.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Husband got me this on Valentines Day last year. 18K with resin inside.  From Voga. Through ShopHQ.  First esperience with it and now I love it.  I wear it everywhere. Has never dented or scratched. Big improvement from what I saw today at QVC

love bracelet.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   Years ago there was a silver line filled with resin on Q. I purchased 3 or 4 bangles that are in my rotation...no scratching, tarnish or obvious wear.

The gold jewelry presented would be thousands of dollars and uncomfortably heavy if solid gold. If more substantial designs are your preference, real gold (not plated) and the inside of the mold filled with resin is the way to go to increase the strength instead of hollow gold pieces that used to be the case to decrease weight.

Super Contributor

I have electroform silvr earrings in triangle shape, only few yesr later I've noticed Christams tre shape in them. No issue with quality, I love them, look new like the day it was purchased. I actually liked San Marco earrings, but with taxes it would be 250.

Honored Contributor

That LOVE bracelet looks like a good gold color.  Of course it may be my monitor.  There's one consideration I didn't read - how it will be used.  Earrings and pendants on chains should be fine, bracelets and rings might be a problem.  I hate to stop and remove rings when I'm doing something that might damage them.  So I think what my plans are for the day.  

Respected Contributor

So is this the older Oro Nuovo  brand by another name? 

few years ago MBR was selling one of Oro Nuovo bracelets.  She put the bracelet on the floor and stepped on it to show off the durability and it cracked!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I got that spelled out love bracelet, I've purchased a a couple more over time.

Here you can see how thick the letters are on the bracelet

love bracelet 2.jpg

And another one. 

hearts 2.jpg

As you can see I love hearts.  This is a single one I wear everyday.  More like a padlock

heart single.jpg

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Since I got that spelled out love bracelet, I've purchased a a couple more over time.

Here you can see how thick the letters are on the bracelet

love bracelet 2.jpg

And another one. 

hearts 2.jpg

As you can see I love hearts.  This is a single one I wear everyday.  More like a padlock

heart single.jpg

I love your bracelets.  I would much prefer a piece with resin inside.  Gold dents really easy with me.  I guess I am tough on jewelry,  I have a gold ring I purchased years ago from Shophq and I had a dent in the shank a few days after I wore it.  If resin was inside there would be no dents.