Honored Contributor

Re: Hundreds of $$$$ for gold plated???

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ellaphant   Years ago there was a silver line filled with resin on Q. I purchased 3 or 4 bangles that are in my rotation...no scratching, tarnish or obvious wear.

The gold jewelry presented would be thousands of dollars and uncomfortably heavy if solid gold. If more substantial designs are your preference, real gold (not plated) and the inside of the mold filled with resin is the way to go to increase the strength instead of hollow gold pieces that used to be the case to decrease weight.

@Shanus I have several pieces from this line as well.  I have a few bangles, earrings and a necklace.  Funny, I just can't remember the name of the brand right now but I love my pieces so much that I wear them a lot! 

I was disappointed when the Q stopped carrying the brand.  They seemed to last for only a year or so but my jewelry still looks like new!

Honored Contributor

It would be so nice, if on threads like this, the OP or someone would actually give an item number or brand name so that everyone reading it would have a clue about what's being discussed.

For those of us who don't watch QVC 24/7, it would be helpful.  On to another topic!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Since I got that spelled out love bracelet, I've purchased a a couple more over time.

Here you can see how thick the letters are on the bracelet

love bracelet 2.jpg

And another one. 

hearts 2.jpg

As you can see I love hearts.  This is a single one I wear everyday.  More like a padlock

heart single.jpg

I love your bracelets.  I would much prefer a piece with resin inside.  Gold dents really easy with me.  I guess I am tough on jewelry,  I have a gold ring I purchased years ago from Shophq and I had a dent in the shank a few days after I wore it.  If resin was inside there would be no dents.

I love that it's 18k instead of 14K.  Just love the color.  The white and the rose are beautiful too.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  QVC intruduced a new line of 14K gold that has resin inside.  It's called Bellaoro.  You can google it at the QVC site. Many complained about the color. I responded with a ShopHQ line called Voga.  Except that is 18K with resin inside.  This lline is much better than QVC's.

Honored Contributor

@songbird - Thank you!

Super Contributor

I wonder if anybody ordered earrings poresented during show, I would be curious what they think about them?

Esteemed Contributor

You are right @Kachina624 and I agree with you. I have bought some of the electroform pieces and I don't have a problem with them. I think my main issue is that with the price of gold so high, I'm not going to pay the price gold over these days.

Plus as others have said, I have enough jewelry that I don't need to buy this particular line.

Heck I bought some of the bronzo italia pieces because I could get the longer chains for a reasonable price point that I couldn't afford in gold.

Honored Contributor

Being from Italy, obviously I prefer the 18K gold.  The color, especially the rose and the white can not be compared to 14K. They have improved the 14K yellow, but that's it. 

Respected Contributor

Songbird, it's beautiful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL I have no idea which piece of jewelry is the initial subject matter of this thread, but that L-O-V-E +heart bracelet is very pretty.

What worries you masters you.