Respected Contributor

Hundreds of $$$$ for gold plated???

You can't be serious.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hundreds of $$$$ for gold plated???

It's not gold plated.  It's electroform with a resin core. However, you still spend a lot of money and end up with something less than a gold piece.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Gee, that makes such a difference. And the color looks d fake. No thanks.
Respected Contributor

I saw the show. Color was ugly and jewelry looked very costumey. Sorry MaryBeth, no sale, no matter how much u tried to talk us into it. Lol.
Valued Contributor

I call this junk jewelry, I'd never buy any of it. 

Respected Contributor

Agree. And love how vendor said " this is not costume jew...

Agree. And love how vendor said " this is not costume jewelry. " 😄 Yes it is!
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's not gold plated.  It's electroform with a resin core. However, you still spend a lot of money and end up with something less than a gold piece.

@Kachina624    I would much rather have a few pieces of real gold than what they are offering.  The color is really off in my opinion.  Glad I held onto the rings I purchased years ago when they were affordable.  Less is More.    

Esteemed Contributor

Ha, remember "Bronzo Italia". I'm lucky that I was able to buy gold earrings and a few nice chains before the cost skyrocketed. I'll wear what I have but I'm not buying the new variation of gold with resin core.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Ha, remember "Bronzo Italia". I'm lucky that I was able to buy gold earrings and a few nice chains before the cost skyrocketed. I'll wear what I have but I'm not buying the new variation of gold with resin core.

@GinaV24    It's not a new concept.  It was being sold 10-15 years ago.  I guess they decided to try it again.

I've got some sterling electroform jewelry, large pieces that would be too heavy if solid, and they've worked out very well.  No denting or damage to them at all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Much better version is at ShopHQ  18K over resin.  Much better color.  Jewelry is beautiful. Called Voga.  Prices re about the same as over at QVC.  QVC had an earlier version of this under a different name.  It didn't do well.  So they decided to switch to a different company.