Regular Contributor

How to stop your pendant necklace from turning over?

Is there a way to stop this from happening? 

Honored Contributor

Re: How to stop your pendant necklace from turning over?

Sometimes that's just the way the pendant is made and you can't really do anything about it. Try putting the pendant on a different kind of chain or try a different length also.

Honored Contributor

Sit absolutely still and don't move a muscle.  Its just the nature of pendants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've done it for jewelry clients 2 ways: you can either put a jewelry magnet on the back of the pendant and another on the inside of your blouse or sweater OR you can add a pin back to the pendant to keep it in place. Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

Thank you! Do you recommend a particular magnet you've used?

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar wrote:

Is there a way to stop this from happening? 

@Glorimar  I forgot a third way: Most pendants hang from one loop or jumpring. If you have the pendant done with a soldered double ring spaced apart at the top, it will stabilize it. I'm sure you've seen this common setting on Diamonique pendants...looks like rabbit ears at the top and both slide on to the chain.

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar wrote:

Thank you! Do you recommend a particular magnet you've used?

@Glorimar  You can google jewelry or pin magnets. They're usually available on Amazon or at jewelry stores. I get mine at my wholesale suppliers.

Honored Contributor

I would be hesitant about using a pin.  Just imagine a quick jerk  and you will have a hole in your blouse.

Honored Contributor

I've used Fashion Tape to hold some of my smaller pendants in place. It also works well on the back of my neck to keep the clasp from moving down to the front. Just put a small piece right on my skin then press the clasp down on it. 

Honored Contributor

Usually a pendant flips because the chain is too short for the wearer. We had a lot of customers complain their Perretti solitaire diamonds by the yard necklace would flip. (TIffany's) It would show the culet of the diamond and was uncomfortable. The solution was either an extender or the chain was replaced.

If it is a long pendant, it generally is because the pendant is too lightweight for the piece. Usually it is poorly executed and the entire design concept was poor.