Valued Contributor

Re: How does Epiphany platinum clad wear?

I have earrings, bracelets and necklaces that look like I just bought them. I own several rings and you can tell which ones I wear the most because they look "loved". They still look great but they show a little wear where the band gets a little more exposure.

I love the DMQ platinum clad and highly recommend it.

Respected Contributor

I have pieces that are 20+ years old and look new. Very satisfied.
Respected Contributor

I have seen the Epiphany platinum finish wear off on some rings. I have a 3 stone ring that was very popular some years back and I wore it constantly. The finish wore off the bottom of the shank. Not tarnished but looks like dull silver.

I also have an eternity band and it got very scratched and some of the metal finish chipped off. Epiphany is fine for earrings and necklaces but I won't buy it anymore for rings.

Super Contributor

I have a couple of pieces (rings, earrings) from when it first came to QVC years ago. They still look fine.

Toothpaste makes a great jewelry cleaner.

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Kathleen said:

I have a couple of pieces (rings, earrings) from when it first came to QVC years ago. They still look fine.

Toothpaste makes a great jewelry cleaner.

when Kathy Levine use to do the diamonique shows she said she always cleaned them with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste.

No, not like platinum.  Like platinum clad.  A thin coating of rhodium (or other metal in the platinum family) over sterling.  Wears pretty well, but not like solid platinum.

Honored Contributor

I think it wears very well.  I have  a ring I bought sometime before 2010 - I wear it almost everyday ... looks like it did when I bought it.  

Honored Contributor

Wears very well, I have clad pieces for years and they still look new. I hope they are not cheapening the line by calling the 14k pieces plated now. I wonder if they are not using the same process to adhear the gold to the sterling silver.

Frequent Contributor

I got Epiphany ring as a gift years ago from my mother.. I still have it though it is REALLY tarnished and banged up.. The stone has almost ZERO sparkle to it now.. That is a 1ct.. 

NEVER Again

Contributor

Hello my QVC Beautiful Ladies-happy:I own ALOT of The Epiphany Pieces some I've had over 14 years. They Still look as beautiful,classy,monied looking as if I bought them yesterday. What I do is polish my pieces with a polishing cloth and I store all of my Jewelery in my Lori Grenier floor length mirror for jewelery storage because it has the anti-tarnish lining.I keep my LG storage mirror closed whenever I'm not picking out pieces to wear...So have no fear The Epiphany Platinum Clad is GLORIOUS AND LAST FOREVER...

D.T.Rice

Washington DC

QVC addict