Regular Contributor

How does Epiphany platinum clad wear?

Those of you who own epiphany pieces how do they hold up with everyday wear? Since it's clad over sterling silver can the pieces be worn everyday or do they tarnish? Thanks
Frequent Contributor

Re: How does Epiphany platinum clad wear?

No tarnish! I have worn a ring and earrings for several years and they look like new. Just don't put them in jewelry cleaner. I ruined my favorite ring that way...took the surface off. But don't worry -- under normal wear, it will last forever.
Super Contributor

Mine haven't tarnished. If you get Epiphany rings, then they scratch like any ring would. Earrings and necklaces get less rough treatment, so they stay smooth and shiny. As far as the rings scratching though, platinum is known for scratching and getting that patina, so it doesn't make an Epiphany ring look unrealistic.

Super Contributor

Like platinum.....obviously.

Respected Contributor

being I only wear the rings when I go out and take them off when I get home mine have all lasted without any problems, have some for years, years. I also have earrings which some have already said, wear great since they don't get wear and tear like rings, bracelets etc. I can't wear sterling silver so I have to get either Epiphany or stainless and have a lot more to choose from in Epiphany than stainless. I love every piece I have so don't be afraid to get this.

Honored Contributor

I have many pieces and I have never had a problem with wear.

Honored Contributor

I have only earrings and they still look brand new. I'm not sure how long, but certainly more than 5 years.

Platinum itself does wear. I have my mother's wedding set. Admittedly she wore it daily for years, but the back of the wedding band itself wore totally away to two sharp points making it unwearable. The engagement ring shows definite wear, but is wearable.

I have no memory of when she stopped wearing that ring so I can't say how long it took to show that damage, but she was wearing them in my memory and that had to be at least 20 years after her wedding.

Honored Contributor

I have a wedding set that was original Epiphany. I was wearing it one day when I slipped on ice and fell part way under my car. As I fell, I hit the driver's side rear view mirror and broke it, and a diamonique stone was knocked out of the ring, but there was NO other damage, no scratching, no chipping, nothing. DH popped the corresponding diamonique stone on the other side so that the ring still looked symmetrical, and I still wear it.
Honored Contributor

I only buy clad pieces that will not get wear - earrings and necklaces. I don't trust clad for rings or bracelets.

Contributor

I have had the 2 carat round solitaire ring on the plain band for over three years now.

The underside on the band is definitely worn. The silver is exposed. The top of the band and the prongs still look good. I think we have to expect a certain amount of wear. I just use dish washing liquid to clean it. Nothing harsh.

Hope this helps you