Trusted Contributor

How does Bronze jewelry sold on the Q age?

I swore to never buy a bronze piece of jewelry but RLM has me enthralled. How do you care for bronze in jewelry? Does it tarnish? If so, how is it cleaned? Finally, does it leave black marks on the skin?

Thanking my fellow posters in advance for your help,

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: How does Bronze jewelry sold on the Q age?

@deedledeedeedle  I have a few pieces of bronze jewelry, specifcally Bronzo Italia.  Interestingly, my bangles never tarnish, but my earrings do tarnish.  My quick & easy fix is to use a small dab of toothpaste on a paper towel and rub the tarnish away.  Then wipe with a clean damp cloth.  Works perfectly, and remains tarnish free a long time. 

Trusted Contributor

I have many pieces of Bronze Italia and several from RLM.  I enjoy them all.  I have Colleen L jewelry boxes and they have worked great for me.  When I take my jewelry off I clean it with a jewelry cloth so it is ready for the next use.  

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 pieces of Bronzo Italia when they first came out; a bracelet and a necklace that had 3 different size circles.  Neither tarnished, but an outer layer peeled off of my necklace and made it look terrible.  I ended up tossing it.   Bracelet still looks good, however, I won't buy another piece from this brand due to the necklace quality. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have many pieces of Bronzo Italia jewelry from the Q and have had absolutely no problems with any of it.  BUT, I don't wear it every day, so it doesn't get the wear and tear that a daily piece of jewelry would get.  It does not leave black marks on my skin.  So far, I haven't had to clean any of it, either. 

Respected Contributor

I enjoy all of my Bronzo Italia pieces.  I keep them in the original plastic with that black piece of paper to stop tarnishing.  None of mine have tarnished.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@deedledeedeedle  I have a few pieces of bronze jewelry, specifcally Bronzo Italia.  Interestingly, my bangles never tarnish, but my earrings do tarnish.  My quick & easy fix is to use a small dab of toothpaste on a paper towel and rub the tarnish away.  Then wipe with a clean damp cloth.  Works perfectly, and remains tarnish free a long time. 

@Caaareful Shopper  Toothpaste is slightly abrasive.  If you use this trick often, you'll wear away the protective finish on your bronze and have a mess you can't salvage.  That's why it's recommended that metals be polished with a soft cloth only.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Great tip @Kachina624  Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, my Bronzo hoop earrings did not age well. It seems like they tarnished a bit and cheapened the look, even after polishing with a soft cloth.   

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Valued Contributor

I keep my Bronzo bangles in a silver safekeeper and so far so good. I've owned them two years, but I only wear them when the months are warm.