Honored Contributor

How do your store your necklaces, especially if $$$$?

In the good old days, they would come in a necklace box. Now, its a pouch for some reason most of the time. But boxes take up a lot of space so, do you have a special box? Looking for ideas/suggestions. TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: How do your store your necklaces, especially if $$$$?

I have a clear acrylic necklace stand, it' a carousel style with lots of hooks around it.  It has a case it nestles into to keep it dust free.  I think it was from the container store.  I have two.  Couldn't live without them. But they are only for shorter necklaces, like up to 20".  The longer ones I hang on a belt hanger inside my closet.  That works great too.

Honored Contributor

I have a tall chest and on the door is a place for necklaces.  Unfortunately, not enough, so the rest are kept in their boxes and forget what I have.

I keep all the boxes, marked for each necklace.  I'm always thinking some day I will be handing them over to family members and nice to give in a box. 

Respected Contributor

I use the Colleen Lopez jewelry boxes that stack and then they are inside the safe. They are really well made and make organizing and keeping jewelry from getting tangled and messed up very easy. They are not expensive either. HSN sells them and they have different ones for different jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings. Also in a large variety of colors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use the Colleen Lopez Prestige boxes. I own the necklace box that has 3 drawers. Had mine a few years now - don’t know if she sells it anymore. Each drawer has 7 hooks, but I can fit a few more in each tray. My gold necklaces are in one drawer, silver in another, and less expensive fashion necklaces in the third drawer. I can lay all my necklaces flat, and the tarnish resistant lining is a plus.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have something similar to this box. It has a removable tray and below it there are more troughs, larger than the ones on the upper tray.  I never use it because it doesn't have an anti-tarnish lining and most of my things are sterling.  I have my costume jewelry and some other things in it now. It's tucked away on my bookshelf.

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I also use Colleen's Prestige™ jewelry boxes from HSN

Honored Contributor

I use my Lori Granier silver safe jewelry amoire.  

I added large pearl straight pins in the large ring area at the top.  I don't have 100 rings, no do I want them.  I hang fine jewelry necklaces on the pins.

My large pendants and cuff bracelets go on the shelves.

"Safekeeper" Mirror Jewelry Organizer, , default

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone. Looks like it's off to HSN!!! : )

Esteemed Contributor

I have a jewelry box with the special lining to keep my items tarnish ree for 2025 years. It's a standard size with hooks and drawers. The Collen Lopez jewelry boxes seem to be more space friendly. I have purchased the Lori Grenier jewelry boxes as gifts and they work well.