Respected Contributor

How do you store your jewelry?

I'm getting rid of a Lori Grenier jewelry box. It's one of the older "wooden" ones that is falling apart.

I need something for my silver jewelry that will protect items from tarnish. I've moved a lot into a folding book type thing that I've had forever. Problem with that is I have to go through 'pages' to find something.

I now have different collections:e.g. turquoise, malachite, etc. and have been looking at Colleen Lopez' boxes. However, I have her watch box and it really is thick cardboard.

I have my costume jewelry and gold organized. It's my silver, which I have the most of, that I need to organize.

The only good thing is I've stopped buying jewelry; I don't know where I'd put one more thing.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: How do you store your jewelry?

I have all the jewelry I've ever had in my life plus the jewelry belonging to my late mom, aunt, and grandma. Add to that all the jewelry I buy regularly, I had a LOAD. Lol I store the majority in clear 5x7 photo boxes, the. Stack them in an opaque chest of drawers. One drawer is for colored jewelry, one for silver, one for gold, one for pearls, one just for bracelets. Etc. this method works well for me. I just bought some additional clear boxes to add some new jewelry.
Honored Contributor

I have the Lori Grenier original armoire plus lots and lots of her boxes and many of the Prestige boxes from HSN. I've never had a tarnishing problem with any of them. Before Lori made her first black plastic anti-tarnish box, I used an anti-tarnish wooden silver flatware box for my jewelry.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a small jewelry box that sits on the dresser. The outside is velvet and it has a couple shelves. I think it has a silver tarnish liner. I only have gold jewelry though. Bought it on the q a bunch of years ago. I believe it to be from Lori.
Trusted Contributor

HSN has a organizer called Fold and Dazzle. I just watched a presentation on their prerecorded segment.

I like that it does not look like a jewelry holder and she placed it between folded shirts and you could not tell what it was.

Honored Contributor

I've got a beautiful, wood jewelry armoire but most of my jewelry is kept in a Silver Safekeeper jewelry box. Most of my jewelry is sterling silver.

Respected Contributor

I store my necklaces in a Thomas Pacconi armoire. The rest is stored in a large jewelry box. I bought my own sterling silver anti tarnish fabric from JoAnns and made a pouch to store my sterling silver pieces. I've stopped buying silver pieces and have more white gold and platinum. Silver is too much maintenance.

Respected Contributor

flicker: is fold and dazzle tarnish free? I was thinking of getting it and putting my own non tarnish strips in it.

Trusted Contributor

I keep almost all my jewelry in a large, locking wooden amoire DH gave me. My most valuable pieces I keep in my safe. There is no way I could effectively store everything in multiple boxes--there's just too much stuff. I like to be able browse through everything before deciding what to wear. Since I don't have a lot of silver, those clear anti-tarnish bags work out fine.

Honored Contributor

On 12/25/2014 deeva said:

I store my necklaces in a Thomas Pacconi armoire. The rest is stored in a large jewelry box. I bought my own sterling silver anti tarnish fabric from JoAnns and made a pouch to store my sterling silver pieces. I've stopped buying silver pieces and have more white gold and platinum. Silver is too much maintenance.

You can also buy an interesting wood box, make a paper pattern of all four sides, top and bottom. Cut pieces out of anti-tarnish cloth and carefully glue in place with white glue. These make great gifts.

I have a huge amount of silver and rarely have to polish anything as I keep it in anti-tarnish boxes which are kept tightly closed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment