Honored Contributor

Re: How do you store your Sterling Silver Jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

I like to see what I have at a glance so I store most of my jewlery in this Lori Grenier wall jewelry anti-tarnish cabinet (it comes in a floor version too)

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you store your Sterling Silver Jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

I have Lori's amoire too.  My only complaint is that it needed to be 1/2 inch deeper to accomodate wide cuffs.  The bracelets in the horizontal on the back of the door have to work with the inside storage cubbies.  I've had to adjust, yet, it's the best offered.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have Lori's amoire too.  My only complaint is that it needed to be 1/2 inch deeper to accomodate wide cuffs.  The bracelets in the horizontal on the back of the door have to work with the inside storage cubbies.  I've had to adjust, yet, it's the best offered.Smiley Happy

@ECBG True it's not that deep but I do like that it doesn't take up a lot of room.  I have a few Colleen Lopez boxes (one is a cuff/bracelet box) from HSN that fits larger cuffs.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG True it's not that deep but I do like that it doesn't take up a lot of room.  I have a few Colleen Lopez boxes (one is a cuff/bracelet box) from HSN that fits larger cuffs.

@haddon9,I'll check that out!  Now where to put it?.........Thanks!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I have a small walkin in closet (mine) off a small hallway between the bedroom & master bath.  DH had just a regular closet in the same area.  He gave it up (he moved into the kids' old closets)and it's now my shoe & handbag closet.

I have shelves where I store bags & seasonal shoes and some smaller shelves off to one side for items like my jewelry boxes but then I don't take them down too often.

Looks like HSN still has thoses boxes....I don't think I can link it here.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you store your Sterling Silver jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

Do you store each piece individually in serperate little plastic bags? Or is there a special jewelry box that helps prevent tarnish on sterling silver?

I just started buying sterling silver jewelry and I have been putting them each in individual plastic bags but I'm wondering if I could just put them in a big rectangle jewelry box and put a bag over them so I can get to them quickly? 

How do you store yours? Do you do anything special for the sterling silver jewelry? Thanks!

@anonymous23  I was able to purchase acrylic trays from my wholesale jewelry catalog. They have various size sections, lined w/ treated cloth to prevent tarnish and has a lid. They're available in many sizes so I was able to fit several in my dresser drawer so it's all silver jewelry!

Trusted Contributor

I have several jewelry boxes that I purchased from QVC that are lined with a material that keeps sterling silver from tarnishing for 50 years.  I also have several boxes with clear tops (so you can see what is inside at a glance), and the same protective lining, that I purchased from HSN - they were designed by Coleen Lopez and are my favorites.  If you can't find Coleen's boxes on line (they sell out regularly) she usually offers them when she does designer jewelry shows on when she does host pick.  The boxes come in several different sizes and colors and have different dividers so you can organize your jewelry by designer, style, or type.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I have a couple of anti-tarnish jewelry tray I purchased from somewhere (?) quite a while back. I haven't tried Colleen's yet, but had decided when I get ready to purchase another one it will be hers. I have a jewelry thing with her going on lol!

My favorite jewelry box/chest though isn't anti-tarnish. It was from Thomas Pacconi (sp?) and QVC sold it many years ago. It's in a cherry wood finish and I just adore that jewelry chest. I've saved all those little anti-tarnish squares that come with purchases and scattered them throughout the chest and so far that has worked well for me Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

Just keep it in the little plastic zip lock packs the items come in (air causes the color change so keep items as airtight as possible). I also store items in those fly fishing plastic boxes with lots of small compartments (great for sterling earrings) and they shut tight. Perfect jewelry storage.

Honored Contributor

No one has mentioned Wolf boxes by Chuck Clemency.  Very nice quality with a glass top, but they are more expensive.  I got mine for bracelets when they ran a special.  All my ring boxes are from Colleen that I bought several years ago.  One needs replacing because I cracked the plastic top.