Frequent Contributor

How do you store your Sterling Silver Jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

[ Edited ]

How do you store your Sterling Silver jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

Do you store each piece individually in serperate little plastic bags? Or is there a special jewelry box that helps prevent tarnish on sterling silver?

I just started buying sterling silver jewelry and I have been putting them each in individual plastic bags but I'm wondering if I could just put them in a big rectangle jewelry box and put a bag over them so I can get to them quickly? 

How do you store yours? Do you do anything special for the sterling silver jewelry? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you store your Sterling Silver Jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

I have many anti tarnish jewelry boxes I've gotten from QVC and HSN.  They work great as long as they're kept tightly closed.. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you store your Sterling Silver Jewelry so that they do not tarnish quickly?

I have a few Prezerve jewelry cases the Q used to sell, they are lined with anti tarnish protection, I also buy the little 3M paper anti tarnish squares on amazon or ebay and spread these around in the cases. You can store in plastic baggies and use the 3M squares in the bags.

Honored Contributor

I bought some Silverguard zippered storage bags from Silverguard. They also have jewelry pouches with a flap. I prefer the zipper for security. You can also buy the fabric by the yard.

Honored Contributor

Colleen's anti-tarnish boxes from HSN. 

Respected Contributor

I love those Prezerve jewelry cases that QVC used to sell, Shelbelle.  I wish they still had them available as I would purchase a few more.  The reason behind why they cannot make or sell them any longer makes me upset, actually, as it is something that should never have happened.  The company that made them was not treated properly.  It was their patented material used to prevent the tarnishing, and their design to make the large, foldable silver protectors with the zippered compartments.  I wish QVC would find a way to make the product come back at QVC as it would sell by the gadzillions, and they would make so much money from that product that their heads would spin.  

Respected Contributor

I have an anti tarnish jewelry case and also bought anti tarnish fabric from JoAnns and made pouches for other sterling pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a bunch of anti-tarnish boxes from ShopLC. They have clear tops so you can see inside of them.  Most of my pieces are hoop earrings so I buy the ring (roll) boxes that hold 100 rings. These work wonderfully for hoops.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have two jewelry armoires that I bought  years ago that have an anti tarnish lining.  Keeps everything tarnish free.   You can also buy anti tarnish lining  to line your own jewelry chest.  Just google it. 

Respected Contributor

I have many Prestige anti tarnish jewelry cases sold by HSN.  They keep your silver tarnish free and organized.  By the way, over time gold also tarnishs.  The boxes come in a variety of sizes with a clear lid to you can see the contents and they are stackable.  I have approximatey 20 of these boxes and I love them.  Most are the retangular and I store necklaces laying flat.  I store line bracelets in a retangular box laying flat in a row of 50 bracelets.  I put bangles and other slip on bracelets in the smaller square boxes.  I have a couple rectangular boxes made for rings and you can store 125 rings in the rectangular ring boxes.  For chains I have a tall wood anti tarnish jewelry box with necklace hooks I got either at HSN or QVC. 

Enjoy your silver jewelry.  Remember Creed Silver Day coming up on QVC October 5