Honored Contributor

Re: How do you pronounce Taudry?

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

What is the connection between jewelry and tawdry that the OP put this in the Jewelry forum?  A particular piece of jewelry considered tawdry?? Which one??

I think they mean the whole line.  It's gold filled jewelry (as opposed to gold plated)  Supposedly gold filled last longer then any gold plated. 

The difference between:

https://youtu.be/ysN3BR8LDjA

Honored Contributor

The jewelry line is called taudrey (all lower case letters). Created by Tiffany Dominguez and inspired by Audrey Hepburn. The designer fused her first name to Hepburn's. 

Honored Contributor

Dumb name. She really should rethink it. Looking at it, it appears to be just more junk jewelry to me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The name is almost as bad as Wen. A wen is not something you want on your scalp, medically speaking.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

Maybe this line is supposed to appeal to the minimalists that everyone seems to be talking about these days.  I thought it looked cheap and lacked style.  Also, I wouldn't buy gold filled anything.😒

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Maybe this line is supposed to appeal to the minimalists that everyone seems to be talking about these days.  I thought it looked cheap and lacked style.  Also, I wouldn't buy gold filled anything.😒

hence the name

sigh 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an ignorant decision to name a line of jewelry Taudry, particularly when your inspiration is Audrey Hepburn who is the complete opposite of "tawdry."

Honored Contributor

Tawdry Taudry?  Not a good mental image for Hepburn anything.  

Respected Contributor

Well, you can't say she didn't warn you.