Super Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Morganite ??

While I like the pretty feminine color of Morganite. I do think it could look washed out. I think they set it too many times in rose gold. I think it would stand out more in white gold and yellow gold.

Super Contributor

I love it, my favorite next to a diamond. I don't own any of it because it's so expensive.

Respected Contributor

I don't hate but I don't exactly love Morganite either.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks very pretty on TV but really pricey.

Valued Contributor

My second favorite gemstone--next to a diamond!

Honored Contributor

I think you'll have to try it in person. It's a nice pastel but I share your concern it would looked washed-out on some people.

Regular Contributor

I love Morganite, and have five rings I've bought since it really started out in the market. I have fair skin, and the stone will look good on anyone's skin tone, I feel. As for the price yes it can get a bit pricey but I had bought a couple from ShopQ and the rest from JTV which have the best prices for some really nice pieces. JTV has a great stretch pay and often have free shipping, they are my best place to get very nice jewelry, making it affordable. I usually only get my jewelry there now. I went to our local Zales around the holidays, and asked the sales lady if they had Morganite or even Kunzite, she said what is that?! Even if you don't buy from JTV you certainly learn a lot about stones and their history.

Super Contributor

I absolutely adore morganite and I think if you get a morganite with a rich color, it won't look washed out on you. Also in my opinion, rose gold goes with morganite like peanut butter goes with jelly! I know there are others who would disagree but rose gold complements morganite beautifully.

You should try a piece of morganite. You can always return it!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

Pretty color but but I can't wear colors close to that color family.

Super Contributor

I LOVE Morganite! Especially set in rose gold.