Respected Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Morganite ??

Love it. Shop HQ has a large section that doesn't cost a fortune and comes in a variety of sizes. I like it set in the rose tone metals the best.
Honored Contributor

It was morganite expected. I lke it.

Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2015 brewhaha said:

It was morganite expected. I lke it.

Lol!! Good one!
Honored Contributor

It's beautiful and I love it but only when it's sufficiently saturated. There are a lot of gemstones that can still be pretty with varying degrees of saturation, but this isn't one of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Love morganite! But you will not find good quality morganite on any of the shopping channels - it's VERY expensive. The morganite I've seen and purchased on air has been so washed out, it went back. I know the difference as I have a beautiful ring and a pendant set in 18k rose gold. Some morganite has pink tones and some has peach tones. I agree, go to a reputable jewelry store if you want to see morganite, but be prepared for sticker shock! It was on my bucket list, I need earrings to complete the set.
Honored Contributor

I almost bought a morganite ring a zillion years ago at Neiman Marcus and it was about $600 even back then. It was big and a beauty!

Honored Contributor

I love my morganite pieces but it took me a lot of trying before I found them. I may be a snob about it but the small stones do look washed out. I haven't seen a small morganite stone that had enough color saturation for my tastes.

I found a really nice 8 ct stone ring in 14k rose gold at Shop a couple of years ago at a one time only price. I noticed the price has nearly doubled since then so I'm glad I got it when I did.

I found a great pair of 14k morganite earrings on JTV. Shocker as most of their stones are too small for decent color saturation. But these are 14k leverbacks with a little bit of diamonds on the front of the levers and each earring has a 4 ct morganite...a single stone hanging from each lever. I was shocked at the quality when they arrived.

Respected Contributor

It's so lovely and pink is my favorite color. I like it but it hates me....my skin is very yellow and darker so pink stones are not a good choice. If your skin is right it is stunning.
Frequent Contributor

beautiful...lovely shade......but too expensive for me

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I really like morganite. I purchased two rings in rose gold from Shop, one a former Top Value 19 carat rectangular cushion cut (The Lynne Ring), and the other, the 10 carat heart shaped ring (at a remarkably low sale price for gold and genuine gemstone). I, too, am so glad I purchased those items when I did. Some of the tiny (1.2 carat) morganite stone rings being sold now in gold cost $600 more than what I paid for my 10 carat stone ring. I like the sparkle from these stones, and their unusual, salmon pink color. Morganite doesn't resemble any other stone.

I am pale with a pink undertone to my skin, so I can wear morganite. I have trouble wearing kunzite, however. Perhaps I have not yet found a saturated enough stone yet?