Respected Contributor

Re: How about a jewelry photo thread, anyone agree?

@Hoovermom wrote:

Here is my diamond tennis necklace which DH got me for Christmas:

• Round Brilliant 2.70 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Graduated Diamond 18kt White Gold Eternity Strand Necklace

Wow!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I know what you mean Sanna about Sonia's prices today. I have the diamond flower cuff from Sonia in both yellow and white gold and I got them at a great price back then ( with a 20% off coupon to boot !!) . But I am saving to buy that one special piece from Sonia. You and I have very similar jewelry taste I think. I have similar Carlo Vianni earrings with turquoise and black diamonds and I may even have the pendant . I have some if his chocolate diamond pieces as well.  My jewelry taste has surely evolved over the years but I still love those oldies . Your jewelry is lovely and I hope you have many happy years of wear. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Starlightdreamer for your response about the ring. I guess the only way to do it is get it home and see for myself. Happy new year to you as well. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Hoovermom, that is some serious blinding bling ! Love it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Blingqueen, hope you are doing well. Happy new year to you and your family. I see you have been busy getting your bling ! I like your MV ring. I wish he would just do all sterling/palladium without the two tone. I bought his sleeping beauty tennis necklace last year and it is one of my favs. 

Valued Contributor

Wow @anisha, quite a collection you have there!  It looks like that set is comprised of opal triplets and swiss, sky, and london blue topaz?  Do I get a prize?  I'll take the green MOP face watch!!  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the eye candy @SANNA!!  Love the ruby heart especially...

I hope this thread goes on and people continue to post as they buy (or uncover buried treasures).  Heart

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great, thanks Ezzy!  I figured I'd just post one good collage thread.  These are a few pieces from my GIA days.  I was studying for my gemological degree and this started as a gem collecting hobby when I was going to school, which quickly transformed into jewelry making and estate hunting.  I realized I'd rather wear the things rather than stare at them in boxes!  It was fun while it lasted, but I'm done!!  (Not great pix, sorry... mostly taken with my old cell.) 

Burma ruby (custom)

ETA: Slighty less crappy pic...

Rubellite tourmaline (purchased)

Spessartite garnet (custom)

Yellow sapphire (purchased)

ETA:  Way less crappy pic...

Colombian emerald (estate)... I just cannot get a decent photo of this thing with my cell, so here's my jeweler's pic.  Mine always make the stone look rather cloudy.  It's difficult to photograph emeralds in general due to their characteristic "jardin."  Little bit of trivia there for ya!

Ceylon sapphire (estate)

Tanzanite (custom)

Uruguayan amethyst (custom)

Mahenge spinel (custom)

Padparadscha sapphire (orangey-pink) which I never got around to setting... a.k.a... I ran outta $$$.  Confused Face  Maybe some day!

Respected Contributor

@anisha wrote:

I know what you mean Sanna about Sonia's prices today. I have the diamond flower cuff from Sonia in both yellow and white gold and I got them at a great price back then ( with a 20% off coupon to boot !!) . But I am saving to buy that one special piece from Sonia. You and I have very similar jewelry taste I think. I have similar Carlo Vianni earrings with turquoise and black diamonds and I may even have the pendant . I have some if his chocolate diamond pieces as well.  My jewelry taste has surely evolved over the years but I still love those oldies . Your jewelry is lovely and I hope you have many happy years of wear. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding.

Thanks Anisha, 

lol, we do have similar taste in jewelry. I remember those 20% coupons and even from clearance prices. I missed turquoise pendant, I thought it might be too much and it was sold out.

i  also love my old stuff. And glad that bought some nice pieces for my baby girl because now she has all new things to take care of....

enjoy your beauties forever!🌹

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww thanks so much @BlingQueen022!!  It also has a "secret diamond" on each side of the gallery, which I thought was a sweet touch.  Unfortunately though, I have bad memories associated with this ring, which is probably why it'll be my last custom piece.  The person who created the diamond semi-mount for me had a tool slip while closing a prong, and scratched the entire length of the morganite's table facet.  Oh man, I was sick over it.  Luckily I was able to have it buffed out by a lapidary (not easy to find, btw!).  But this is precisely why I had to stop collecting this type of stuff.  There was always something.  And for someone as a.n.a.l. as I am, it became a huge headache.  It's supposed to be fun!  Woman Frustrated  So that's why I find collecting sterling to be much more agreeable with my OCD (and pocketbook) these days.  lol