Honored Contributor

Re: How about a jewelry photo thread, anyone agree?

@AliJoi5, I'm impressed!!! To say the least. However, at my age, I'll pursue my interest in all this at home. But wow, that's interesting all that you have to do.  I am interested in the books for my interest, nothing too technical since I'll do it for my info at home. Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Yes I was able to get the bracelet on myself.  One thing working for me is that once it's on, it's not going anywhere unless I clean it.  It can be tricky.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@AliJoi5, I'm impressed!!! To say the least. However, at my age, I'll pursue my interest in all this at home. But wow, that's interesting all that you have to do.  I am interested in the books for my interest, nothing too technical since I'll do it for my info at home. Thank you so much!

Check out Antoinette Matlins books on the gemstones. She has excellent books for those like you and I non professionals but who would like to be educated about various gemstones. Easy read, very knowledgable  and entertaining. I have learnt a lot from her. She is a gemologist,of course.

Valued Contributor

Bird Mama--that bracelet is al kiinds of gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

I took a few pictures and want to post here but still not sure how to post pictures with a MacBook Pro. 

Anyone know how?

I was a little disappointed in my pictures.  Wish I had a better camera as most of the pictures I see here really show detail that mine didn't seem to pick up.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the thread, I truly enjoyed all the beautiful pieces of jewelry. Loved everything!!!

Honored Contributor

@SANNA, Thanks I've copied off your book titles to check on, thank you. I got two yesterday, Gemstones of the World by Walter Schumann and Smithsonian Handbooks, Gemstones by Cally Hall. I'll be looking/reading over these in the next few days.

Valued Contributor

@Kalli If you click the photo icon above, you should be able to post a picture I believe!

Capture.JPG

Valued Contributor

These are a few of my favorites, the top ring is sterling silver with real diamonds. I got it at a very good price! The others are smokey quartz and diamonique. The smokey quartz ended up going to my Mom! Smiley Happy

MyRing.JPGMyRings.JPG

Respected Contributor

Brittany-QVC, Thanks for the photo help and posting your jewelry.  It's fun to see all the gems and styles people love.