Respected Contributor

Re: How about a jewelry photo thread, anyone agree?

@anisha wrote:

Hi @ThatsLife, what a beautiful ring. I can imagine the sparkle factor in daylight !  It looks simple and elegant at the same time. 

anisha, I'm glad you mentioned how daylight adds to the beauty of gems, especially diamonds.  My sister always takes a ring outside to see it in the sunlight if she's thinking of buying it.  And she says it has to speak to her.

I live in a small town with only 2 jewelry stores, well, actually 1 jewelry store and 1 goldsmith business.  Both owners allow me to take stuff outside.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone, I have been down with a bad case of laryngitis coupled with asthma and a horrible congestion. Today was my first day out in over a week and I wore my happy jewelry - colorful gemstones that just make me smile . Here's a picture . The necklace can be clasped anywhere - the clasp has a push hinge ,  could be worn as a lariat or a choker with the long end hanging down the back or just as shown here. I love the versatility of this piece. 

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Some diamonds today.... My wedding bangle.

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Many years ago, I was shopping for my anniversary gift. My jeweler at the time and I used to play this game. I would go in to his store and tell him how much I wanted to spend and he would show me whatever he had in that price range. There was never anything in that range that I wanted so I would spend more. On this particular day before I could get the amount out, he told me he had recently completed an inventory and had found a ring he had forgotten about. He had never been able to sell it because it had 13 diamonds and people were superstitious. He said if I wanted the ring, he would add a diamond and sell it to me at a discounted price just to get rid of it. I love elongated rings and the 13 diamonds made it even more appealing. My son was born on a Friday the 13th so it was/is also very meaningful. 

100B0490.JPG

Love this Tique.  If my pendant was gold not platinum they would be a great combo.  I love ewardian, art deco and nouveau designs.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I'm sad Smiley Frustrated  Only 35 pages and I was SO enjoying all this to-die-for jewelry!  You guys have some gorgeous pieces!  Here is my latest.  It's from Evine.  I love it Smiley Happy  What a fun thread...need more pictures!

Blue-Topaz.jpg

Thank you for posting this beautiful Blue Topaz ring Monicakm.  I love the different colors of gold surronding the dreamy blue stone.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@Hawleywood Girl wrote:

image.jpegThis is something I designed with the help of my very creative jeweler for myself.  My mother supplied the 2 carat center stone and I purchased the surrounding stones.  

For or the life of me, I cannot get a picture to show the true beauty and sparkle of this ring but wanted to keep this thread going.  This is my most prized piece of jewelry I own.

HawleywoodGirl.  Love this timeless smooth design.  I bet it feels great on the hand too. What metal is it made out of?

Respected Contributor

@anisha wrote:

Hello everyone, I have been down with a bad case of laryngitis coupled with asthma and a horrible congestion. Today was my first day out in over a week and I wore my happy jewelry - colorful gemstones that just make me smile . Here's a picture . The necklace can be clasped anywhere - the clasp has a push hinge ,  could be worn as a lariat or a choker with the long end hanging down the back or just as shown here. I love the versatility of this piece. 

image.jpeg

Very elegant Anisha.  I love all the faceting on those gemstones. Who made this?

Respected Contributor

@anisha wrote:

Some diamonds today.... My wedding bangle.

image.jpeg

Wholey Smokes! Tell us more about this piece please...EG

Trusted Contributor

Goodmorning @esmeraldagooch , the neckace ,earrings and cuff are all Ripka. The purple beads are amethysts and faceted as well , they appear like onyx here in the picture but are a beautiful purple color, I wasn't able to capture that with the lighting. 

Trusted Contributor

HI @esmeraldagooch, My mom had this bangle made when I got married. It has about 7 carats set in 22kt gold . The center diamonds are 20pts each and came from my grandmother's wedding bangle and the rest were bought . It is a very special piece.