Respected Contributor

Re: How about a jewelry photo thread, anyone agree?

Ok ,I pulled this out and took a photo to share.  It's a antique Platinum/ diamond brooch with a hinged bale that folds out to become a pendant.

2 1/8" x 5/8"  Every wire on the filigree work is milgrained.

3447.jpg

back

3445.jpg

Respected Contributor

Very classy piece! Beautiful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Ok ,I pulled this out and took a photo to share.  It's a antique Platinum/ diamond brooch with a hinged bale that folds out to become a pendant.

2 1/8" x 5/8"  Every wire on the filigree work is milgrained.

3447.jpg

back

3445.jpg

Ohhh...ahhhh...!  Love it!  Smiley Very Happy

Years ago I bought, second hand on here, a diamonique and simulated sapphire WG ring with milgraining.  I love that ring because it looks like an antique.

esmeraldagooch, I like your style!  

BTW..years ago, here on the Q boards, there used to be a thread where you could advertise to sell your Q pieces that you didn't want anymore.  I bought the ring I mentioned above, an eternagold bangle, a mabe pearl w/tiny sapphire, an Imperial gold WG cross and a Beverly Hills tennis bracelet.  I guess this type of thing wouldn't be allowed now, but it was a lot of fun to score Q things at great prices back then.

Valued Contributor

\

Oh, Essie {hope you don't mnd me calling you that!?}, what a beautiful piece of history you hav there!

Honored Contributor

Many years ago, I was shopping for my anniversary gift. My jeweler at the time and I used to play this game. I would go in to his store and tell him how much I wanted to spend and he would show me whatever he had in that price range. There was never anything in that range that I wanted so I would spend more. On this particular day before I could get the amount out, he told me he had recently completed an inventory and had found a ring he had forgotten about. He had never been able to sell it because it had 13 diamonds and people were superstitious. He said if I wanted the ring, he would add a diamond and sell it to me at a discounted price just to get rid of it. I love elongated rings and the 13 diamonds made it even more appealing. My son was born on a Friday the 13th so it was/is also very meaningful. 

100B0490.JPG

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I love pearls!!! So classy to me. My husband was up late last week and ordered me a Lab Created Bixbit (Ruby) he thought was beautiful. He knows I love the blue glacial topaz color so he got me one of those too. What a surprise that was! Happy though. But then, a Morganite (my fav) came on with pink sapphire and white Zircon. That'll be coming too, unless the snow in the East, slows things up. Happy Camper. Love my Morganite!!

Valued Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Many years ago, I was shopping for my anniversary gift. My jeweler at the time and I used to play this game. I would go in to his store and tell him how much I wanted to spend and he would show me whatever he had in that price range. There was never anything in that range that I wanted so I would spend more. On this particular day before I could get the amount out, he told me he had recently completed an inventory and had found a ring he had forgotten about. He had never been able to sell it because it had 13 diamonds and people were superstitious. He said if I wanted the ring, he would add a diamond and sell it to me at a discounted price just to get rid of it. I love elongated rings and the 13 diamonds made it even more appealing. My son was born on a Friday the 13th so it was/is also very meaningful. 

100B0490.JPG

That ring is beyond beautiful!  I would have been in on it like white on rice, we were married on the 13.  Enjoy it and wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

I'm sad Smiley Frustrated  Only 35 pages and I was SO enjoying all this to-die-for jewelry!  You guys have some gorgeous pieces!  Here is my latest.  It's from Evine.  I love it Smiley Happy  What a fun thread...need more pictures!

Blue-Topaz.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

That ring is beyond beautiful!  I would have been in on it like white on rice, we were married on the 13.  Enjoy it and wear it in good health!

@Margo Channing thank you and thanks for sharing your "13" connection. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Contributor

image.jpegThis is something I designed with the help of my very creative jeweler for myself.  My mother supplied the 2 carat center stone and I purchased the surrounding stones.  

For or the life of me, I cannot get a picture to show the true beauty and sparkle of this ring but wanted to keep this thread going.  This is my most prized piece of jewelry I own.