Honored Contributor

How To Keep Silver Tarnish Free From Live About

https://www.liveabout.com/how-to-keep-sterling-silver-jewelry-from-tarnishing-13130?utm_campaign=sty...

Having sold fine jewely for five years after I had such bad sciatic problems, this is fantastic!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Keep Silver Tarnish Free From Live About

Thank you for posting @ECBG

Honored Contributor

Great post @ECBG. I will add if you have those anti-tarnish cloths, I cut it in small strips and store a strip in the baggy with the jewelry. Also several pr. of earrings can be placed in 1 bag & the same w/ bracelets, etc. 

The best way to keep silver jewelry tarnish free is wearing it often. It will naturally rub against skin and clothing.

Honored Contributor

@ShanusI found those tarnish free strips (by 3 M) on amazon.Smiley Happy  I think I'll add them to the cubbies in my 15 yr old jewelry amoire since I open it every day I work.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ShanusI found those tarnish free strips (by 3 M) on amazon.Smiley Happy  I think I'll add them to the cubbies in my 15 yr old jewelry amoire since I open it every day I work.

@ECBG  The strips should be in closed baggies w/ the jewelry. If the pieces are exposed to the air when armoire is opened, not sure the strips will do their job.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  The strips should be in closed baggies w/ the jewelry. If the pieces are exposed to the air when armoire is opened, not sure the strips will do their job.

@ShanusOooooooo.......Thanks!  Didn't know that!  Wish there wan an easier way!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ShanusOooooooo.......Thanks!  Didn't know that!  Wish there wan an easier way!  Smiley Happy

@ECBG. You can use sandwich size bags & put several pieces of jewelry together....as long as they don’t have stones. With stones, they tend to hit each other & sometimes knock stones loose.