Super Contributor

Hoop Earrings & Stretched Out Piercing

[ Edited ]

Back in the '80's I wore a lot of heavy hoop earrings. I was on the phone a lot at my job and consequently my left ear piercing has stretched out. Right one is fine. So, now if I wear hoops, one hangs longer than the other. I have a pair of small diamond huggie hoops that I just love, but, never wear due to this problem. I can wear studs and it is not so obvious. There is bound to be something on the market that will remedy this problem short of having surgery. It would have to be something rather small for these hoops of mine. 

Spoiler

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Honored Contributor

Re: Hoop Earrings & Stretched Out Piercing

No surgery involved.  Your family physician can numb your ear lobe & stitch up hole to match your other non-loopy ear lobe hole.

I am fortunate.  I also wore heavy hoops "back in da day" but as luck may have it, I have "thick" ear lobes.  No looping holes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Have you tried ear patches such as "Lobe Wonders"?  They are an adhesive patch you stick to the back of your earlobe, then poke the earring through.  If you put the post of an earring through at the top of your piercing, perhaps that will let your hoops hang close to equally on your ears?

Super Contributor

As I've gotten older, I've discovered anything but the lightest earrings hurt my ears.

anybody know the secret to figuring out if dangles will feel heavy?

Honored Contributor

@moon_gazer. If your earrings have a butterfly back, a larger back could hold them closer/tighter to the ear. If they have a wire that goes through your ear and clicks into a "v" backing, is there room behind your ear to slide on a rubber stopper (like comes w/ wire hanging earrings) on the bar behind your ear before you click it into the "v"? That may also hold it tighter against your ear.

The ultimate solution would be surgery to even out the piercings. Not a big deal...office procedure w/ local numbing. 

Honored Contributor

I went to a laser clinic and a dermatologist used a laser on my lobes to shrink my piercings. Had to go back a few times until my holes closed up enough so my earrings looked good on my ears again. One of the best things I've ever done.Woman Happy