Contributor

I am so excited that I had to share. I found a vendor on Ebay (Sandydiy333) who sells sterling silver earring backs that look and act like Honora's Happy Backs. Price was $5.36 plus only $2.00 for S & H from Hong Kong. It does take a couple of weeks to get them (over the Christmas holiday), but they are well worth it to me. I have a pair of 8mm Kellie Annie earrings that the backs were way too small and these new backs are perfect.

Hope this helps someone else.

2x STERLING SILVER STUD POST EARRINGS BUTTERFLY CLUTCHES BACKS CONNECTOR #2118

Respected Contributor

I've always been afraid to order from Hong Kong or anywhere overseas for that matter. Glad it worked out for you.

Contributor
On 1/2/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

I've always been afraid to order from Hong Kong or anywhere overseas for that matter. Glad it worked out for you. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Since I was purchasing from Ebay/Paypal and it was such modest amount of money, I was not concerned.

Valued Contributor
I believe you can also order sets directly from Honora or through Amazon. Both guarantee the Sterling is genuine as advertised and have to stand by the product. I have never had an honest jewelry transaction from China or Hong Kong through eBay. Always lies about the metals/gemstones and they refuse to admit the return was received; no way to track and prove they got it back.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I ordered something from Amazon Dec. 2 from China, still waiting. EDD is January 30. Won't make that mistake again.
Occasional Contributor

There's a web company, JewelrybyRhonda, that sells many earring accessories. They have soft clear plastic backs that replace the regular earring back (not the disks used with the butterfly, although they sell those disks as well). The soft clear backs are even better than the Honora Happy Backs.....

Serena

Honored Contributor

I would love these too, and would wear them with all of my sterling silver earrings that had post clutch backs. Great invention!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Serena Joy said:

There's a web company, JewelrybyRhonda, that sells many earring accessories. They have soft clear plastic backs that replace the regular earring back (not the disks used with the butterfly, although they sell those disks as well). The soft clear backs are even better than the Honora Happy Backs.....

Serena

Never heard of this website. Thanks for the info.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Serena Joy said:

Serena

Every time I have tried the clear plastic backs they always fall apart. I am so careful with them too, hopefully they will make some in the future and they won't do that.

Occasional Contributor

I've been using these soft backs for years - they've held up well.- not one has failed and I must have a dozen pairs in use. They're one piece molded plastic - no metal at all, which may be why. Joining metal to plastic could be a source of cracking/splitting. I've had great results with the ones from JewelrybyRhonda...

Serena